Opinions on Echo PE-230/260 edger

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Big C, Jan 25, 2008.

1. Big C

Big C LawnSite Bronze Member

I am thinking of adding an Echo PE-230 or PE-260. Can I get some feedback on these models from you guys..(which would you buy and why)..Thanks!!

2. wooley99

wooley99 LawnSite Senior Member

I have the 260 (and an SRM-260). Both are great! But I upgraded from a POS Royobi multi-widget. My dealer recommended the 260s over the 230 because they're commercial grade. I don't think he was just after my money because he also talked me into the PB-251 rather than the more expensive 210 for a little hand-held blower. And that also has worked very well.

All of them are cold-blooded though. They start on 1-3 pulls but then have to sit at idle for a minute or so before you can get on the throttle.

3. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

I have the 260 edger. It's great. Buy it and be happy.

4. AABHRLC

AABHRLC LawnSite Member

I have been using the SRM-260 models for 6 years now and thats all I use. It is a powerful trimmer with very little problems. I do suggest buying a solid shaft which I think is SRM-260s, they hold up much better if you r using weed eater racks! Like the previous guy said, buy & enjoy.

5. RGM

RGM LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Baltimore Md

I had a 260 since 2001 and still running great and i have a split shaft 2400 the pre 230 model since 99 and it still fires up good also