1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

opinions on encore mowers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bobbygedd, May 29, 2005.

1. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

i bought one yesterday. any feedback?
  2. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

A walk behind or a ztr? what size?
  3. dishboy

dishboy LawnSite Platinum Member
    from zone 6

My friend runs a couple, he has gotten good enough service to buy a Hydro this season. I personally dislike the cut of the open box design compared to my Exmark TTHP, but I'm REALLY fussy about quality. He on the other hand does not care so much about quality of cut.
  4. Doc Pete

Doc Pete LawnSite Gold Member

OK... Let me understand this...."YOU" bought the mower, and now you want feedback??? Duh....You're the one with the mower, not us. You're the one that should be "offering feedback", not asking for it.
    OK.... first lesson, don't buy a mower and "THEN" ask for feedback on it. ASK for feedback first, "THEN" buy or not buy the mower. Gees, another brainless move.......
    Give it a rest........
    Why don't you just come out and stop the BS and ask everyone what you want to know?
  5. txlawnking

txlawnking LawnSite Bronze Member

I guess they are fine, I used one before ( 36" belt drive ) And couldn't really complain..

They are pretty popular here in the Houston area.. Lot's of guys run them, as I think you can get a pretty good deal on them.. Just currious, Did you buy it used for a steal? Or new for a Steal?
  6. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

DOC--maybe he is asking for "comments" because he bought an ENCORE.

I can certainly think of some comments to offer.

7. Doc Pete

Geo..... I can see that, however, you surely can't comment on something until you know "WHAT"' it is.
    IOW.......... What is the model?
    What motor is on it??
    Is it a WB?
    Or, is it a Rider??
    Is it a belt drive or hydro?
    What Size is it?
    Is it new/used??

Frankly, this is pure Booby Goofy..... He goes and buys a machine and "THEN" asks for feedback and of course doesn't tell us what he bought.......... That's sick.........
    How come he didn't buy a brand name, that has a dealer with parts every 10 miles. Service and parts are the name of the game... especially for someone like Booby who can't even tell if the deck on his mower is too low or not.....
  8. Doc Pete

Duh....... I get that. And Duh, who in their right mind buys a mower without doing reseach on it first... instead of asking for info later????

Yeah, I have a comment, too......... The deck is too low.............sell it.
  9. barnard

barnard LawnSite Senior Member

I've got an old 48 walk behind. Use it everyday. tough old tank. I have a friend the has a 48 rider . Hes got good service from it. I have done some service on it for him It's definately built lighter than most but thats not necessarily a bad thing. I'm guessing you got a rider because you recently bought a red hawk walk behind?
  10. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

i was up early, took a ride. some old guy was putting it out front with a 4 sale sign on it. i stopped. he said he bought it new a few yrs back, to use on his own property. huge back yard. he said he couldn't stand up very good anymore, and bought a brand new riding mower. it's a 48", 15hp kaw, belt, with jungle wheels, and jumbo catcher. no rust, wear, the thing looks perfect. started first pull, sounds good, but what do i know. he wanted $1,000. i ran right home and got the trailer. i'll be using it today for the first time, to cut 2 business offices that i have that will be closed. thanks petey, you're a peach