Opinions On Fe-male LCO's

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by JOEWOOD, Jul 12, 2005.

1. JOEWOOD

JOEWOOD LawnSite Member

[​IMG]

Just wanted to check with the Male LCO Population!
    Should we welcome these Attractive Distractions into our Biz?

Fact is most New Customer Lawn Service Agreements are handled by easily swayed Husbands. Do you think it is fair Marketing Practice?

Joe...[​IMG]

2. The Captain

The Captain LawnSite Senior Member

Why not? Alot of the women out there can work my tail off. Some of them are definatly smarter than some of us guys. Madison Ave. has been using pretty faces to sell everything from soap to trucks for years. IMHO, if a decision is swayed by sex appeal rather than fact, the 'sawayee' deserves what he gets, good or bad.

Jim

3. heavenlydeere

heavenlydeere LawnSite Member

why not? i dont think they have an upper hand on us , how many older ladies do you mow for? they like young handsome men!!! this isnt rocket science either , if one takes their time and does a good job every time then you are at the top of your game, and any one can do that ,if they choose! i have some women lcos in my area and they do a good job and leave me alone, that seems fair to me!

4. daveintoledo

daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member

as long as they are licences, insured , and charge market prices i dont care if they are male , female, or from mars......... but im glad the bikini mowers arent in my area, i cant compete with that :blush:

5. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

We have a rather successful (judging by them continuing to be in business for quite a few years now) female lawn service in my area. They look to be a little (or a lot) on the butch side so I don't think it's their good looks that is getting them jobs. Wife beater shirts, really short haircuts and stocky. I ain't messing with them.

6. JOEWOOD

JOEWOOD LawnSite Member

[​IMG]

ROTFLMAO!!!
    You cracked me up Richard Martin...Scared of a few Helpless (women)?

I am sure we men will always overcome adversity!...be it a Mountain or a Dyke...[​IMG]

7. LawnBrother

LawnBrother LawnSite Senior Member
    from SW Ohio

Women are only good for cooking cleaning and makin' babies. They can mow grass too, but it better be done before I get home!
    Chill out, ladies, I'm just joking :p . My GF works her butt off for me, and in my experience, women have a much better eye for detail than men. They are also better salespeople. I have seen it firsthand, women can almost always out-sell their male counterparts. If I needed someone to bid and get contracts signed, I would hire a woman to do it. For some reason people seem to trust women more. I don't know why. It's not all looks, either.(Although studies have shown that more attractive people in general make more money and are more successful than ugly people) As far as working hard, women work as hard as men, and have a great work ethic from what I have seen. Of course these are just generalizations, there are always exceptions, but really I see no reason at all why women wouldn't make fine LCOs.

8. Fareway Lawncare

Fareway Lawncare LawnSite Silver Member
    from Canada

Chicks Can't Handle the Really Tough Stuff...Any Chicks I see Mowing are Put on Light Duty and They Have to Use Handheld Blowers.

bikinilawn2.jpg

9. The C Man

The C Man LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

Hey Mouth, define "really tough stuff." What's tough about using a self-propelled 21" mower on tiny lawns like you do? As usual, another blanket statement has made by Fairyway.

10. JOEWOOD

JOEWOOD LawnSite Member

[​IMG]

Now that's the kind of Business Ethics i'm talk'n about!

Joe... :cool2: