1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Opinions on Fertilizer blend

Discussion in 'Fertilizer Application' started by grenskpr, Dec 9, 2012.

1. grenskpr

grenskpr LawnSite Member

Haven't posted in a while would like opinions on this blend I'm considering.
    This will be melted and sprayed on warm season turf

57.5% Ammonium Sulfate(Honeywell Premium)
    32.5% Urea
    10% Potassium Nitrate

I will be adding FEature 6-0-0 for my minor package 1-2ozs/1000
    Would probably be applying at about 1/2#N we're on a pretty tight 6 week schedule.

Before I pull the trigger on a truckload what do ya'll think?

2. greendoctor

greendoctor LawnSite Fanatic

Without seeing the results of a soil test for the area(s) this will be applied to, I think that that is rather low for the potassium. I am also not really in favor of 46-0-0 for warm season turf. If the urea was substituted with 28-0-0 CRN, that would be OK. I have used 50-50 21-0-0/13-0-45 or 75-25 if the turf did not need that much K, but warm season turf tends to be easier to deal with if it gets more K.

A+ for including FEature. That product has been a solid performer for me. I use it on both turf and trees/ornamentals. It performs differently from 1-2% iron sulfate or iron oxide blended with granules. You also do not want to get a granule of either of those in a pool or on hard surfaces.