1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Opinions on hearing protection

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by okeefl, Feb 11, 2007.

1. corey4671

corey4671 LawnSite Silver Member

huh? what'd ya say?
  2. reisslawncare

reisslawncare LawnSite Member

I prefer the foam inserts in the summer. The ear muff style works real good for blocking the loud noises, I just think they get to hot in the summer.
  3. AndyTblc

AndyTblc LawnSite Fanatic

I use the peltor and listen to the radio when I'm cutting grass.
  4. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

I was doing a parking lot earlier today and forgot my hearing protection. Listening to that WB blower and the backpack for about an hour straight SUCKS! My hearing is still muffled. You can bet I won't forget next time. I would like to get the muffs with some tunes though.
  5. jinx 88

jinx 88 LawnSite Member
    from ozarks

I have the worktunes, they are comfortable and listening to music sure makes the day go by faster.
  6. corey4671

corey4671 LawnSite Silver Member

my phone is a motorola sliver. it has the mp3 player built in. I use it along with muffs. keeps the music going and I never miss a call cause it stops the music when the phone rings.
  7. dwlah

dwlah LawnSite Senior Member
    from Argo Al

8. Uranus

Uranus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

Worktunes. Like everyone else with a homedepot around them. $50 and I got tunes for work. Cant go wrong. I'll toss in some foam plugs once in a while to cut back on the tan lines around the ears. Looks kind of silly when you go out and have big circles around your ears. Thats about the only thing besides rakes that I'll buy for the biz from the depot.
  9. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

Glad to hear I can get them some place close to the house....didn't want to order them.
  10. waterboy1

waterboy1 LawnSite Member
    from AL

My wife got me some ear muffs from Radio Shack for Christmas, and they have a digital radio built in. I like them so far.