1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Opinions on Husqvarna PM?

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by MiniRig, Jun 18, 2008.

1. MiniRig

MiniRig LawnSite Member

Hey guys, new to the site. Thinking about purchasing a Husqvarna 5.5 Honda pushmower. What do ya think? Better than a Troy Built? Any suggestions? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
  2. jkason

jkason LawnSite Senior Member

Is this the homeowner version or the commercial?

Husqvarna makes mowers for Sears. If you are looking at the homeowner version, that's what it is.

The commercial units were a complete ground-up design. I think they start at $800.00.
  3. badjamie

badjamie LawnSite Member

i do husqvarna warranty work and they will stand behind there products
    and a good warranty is what it's all about:weightlifter:
  4. MiniRig

MiniRig LawnSite Member

It's a homeowner version. I have heard horror stories that it's hard to find parts for them. Can anyone elaborate on that? Also, is this a better buy than a Troy Built with a Honda?
  5. jkilov

jkilov LawnSite Bronze Member
    from MS

Don't know about Husqvarna but as for honda if it's a GC series it's a very nice running motor but it's not designed to be repaired.
  6. jkason

jkason LawnSite Senior Member

Badjamie - I did Husky warranty work, and yes, they will stand behind their products if you use them in the manner they were intended. 90 day warranty for homeowner products used commercially.

Minirig - I had, and still have, no trouble getting parts for them.

Jkilov - They're repairable. Just don't ask for a service manual.

They do, however, have a propensity for the valve cover crushing in when you hit something up front. (Posts, trees, etc.)