Opinions on Isuzu NPR.

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by KrayzKajun, Oct 13, 2013.

1. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

Selling my Skidsteer to purchase a boxtruck and upgrade some trimmers/mowers.

Seems like most common size is 14' box.
    Would I be able to squeeze my walker and 2x ztrs(46" & maybe a 52") in a 14' box. I realize they are a lot wider than a reg enclosed trailer. I used to squeeze a 32" w/b, 46" lazer z, 38" ztr and 21" in my old 6.5x14 enclosed trailer.

Found a pretty good deal on a 96' NPR diesel with 14' box. 174k miles. Truck is in immaculate shape,plus its BLUE. Everyone has white around here and I want to stand out. My new logo would look awesome on this truck. Asking $4800obo. It would be a 10hr round trip to get it.

Wht y'all think?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. KrayzKajun

[​IMG]
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. GQLL

GQLL LawnSite Senior Member

Krazy do you have a Ryder truck dealer around you. There truck are pmed on time and better then buying a old truck and not know what you are getting into. That truck 17 years old. I don't know if I would touch it
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. KrayzKajun

Or I found a 99' w/ 5.7gas engine. 149k miles
    16ft box, dovetail, ladder/pipe rack on top for $4k
    Being its flat land here. I would prefer the gas engine with larger box and dovetail.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. KrayzKajun

here the 99' w/ 16ft box and dovetail. I like this one becuz it can go right to work.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. mow king

mow king LawnSite Senior Member

I'd say the '99 is a steal for what you're getting. You might have to drop a tranny in there in the future but otherwise you should be good to go.

7. 123hotdog

123hotdog LawnSite Senior Member

I would buy either one of those in a heartbeat. I prefer diesel though.

8. Atlantic Lawn

Atlantic Lawn LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Outer Banks NC

Stick with the gasser, anybody can get parts and work on it. Finding an Isuzu dealer to work on your diesel can be costly....Oh yea I like white...

9. KrayzKajun

Thanks fellas
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. Son's Lawn Maintenance LLC

Son's Lawn Maintenance LLC LawnSite Member

I have a 16' box on mine and put a 72" scag , 52" scag and 42" hustler in mine. The 52" scag wheels hang down the dove tail. 14 ' might be tight