1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Opinions on maintenance charge

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by MDLawn, Sep 6, 2009.

1. MDLawn

MDLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Opinions

Bush Trimming
    Edging
    2 Yards Mulch
    4.5 hours labor
    dumping fee

$370

it's already billed so I am not looking for an estimate just opinions on my charge.

2. White Gardens

White Gardens LawnSite Fanatic

Sounds about right for my market.

I would maybe try to push for closer to 415. But, you might end up having to do a little more labor, so that would push you up.

3. Mike's LawnCare Landscape

Mike's LawnCare Landscape LawnSite Senior Member

If it take you less then 3 man hrs to do the trimmng YES . If you alreadeay have that in your man hrs Thats good. Unless your dump fee is more then mine !!.
    I would take it if I had the time to do it !!!

4. MDLawn

Charged it no problem and even got a phone call compliment. I agree with the over $400 although his lawn is a super easy cut and is at one of my higher prices so I give him a little deal. Great customer too, super easy to work with. Hoping for referrals from him.

Thanks guys.

5. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

Sounds like you made out pretty good. I'd even rather charge a little less here and there if I know the customer is worth it.

6. STIHL GUY

STIHL GUY LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

seems alright

7. JNyz

JNyz LawnSite Bronze Member

Would be a little higher in my area [400.00] but not bad.

8. MDLawn

Thought about this a little. Forgot to charge the windshield time to the dump, arrggh. I had to split it into 2 days because I started it at the end of the day and only included time I spent at the property. It isn't as close as I would like it to be but it is free to dump. (yes I have figured it out that it is cheaper to drive the extra mile or two than pay at the nearer dump) That would have brought it over $400. I seem to forget things like that, just put my head down and get to working and only think about those hours. Again they are a great maintenance customer that never complains about dumb stuff so they are a joy to work for.

9. Kennedy Landscaping

Kennedy Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Sounds about right to me.

10. anotherturfgeek

anotherturfgeek LawnSite Member

pretty fair price depending on how many bushes you have