Opinions on my logo contest please....

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Soupy, Jan 20, 2004.

1. Soupy

Soupy LawnSite Gold Member

http://www.designoutpost.com/forums/?showtopic=2554 This is the address to my Logo contest. I was wondering if you guys/gals would take a look and give me feedback if you like any of them.

By the way, You guys might remember my Slogan contest on here. I was originally going to go with the name Turf-King. But decided to stick with Lawn-tek. I am still going to use the slogan from the contest (Your Lawn Is Our reputation).

Thanks,
    Soupy

2. Soupy

TTT

3. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

I really liked Mowlings first designs with the diamond shape and the lawn guy inside. It's just me, but I don't like the cartoony type character. The first clipboard dude looks cool as well.

4. twins_lawn_care

twins_lawn_care LawnSite Senior Member

I like Mark's the best, the grass dude with the glasses.
    It looks real nice on the truck and shirts, and something I think people will remember when they see it, which is what you want.
    I'd go with that one if it was my choice, but remember it is yours.
    Good luck!

5. Mac V2.0

Mac V2.0 LawnSite Member
    from Mid OH

Ken,

i have to say VisualSenses first image on page 4 posted Jan 19 2004, 06:47 PM is amazing. Thats phenomenal.

6. Soupy

Right now it is between Mowlings revision (the one with the grassy "K"), The clip board guy, and the grass guy with glasses.

They are all makeing last minute changes and I will post a poll on hear to get votes.

Mac, I agree. but he is holding a plant. And we don't do landscaping.

If anyone wants any of the designs I don't pick, contact the designers and they can modify it to fit your company.

7. Mac V2.0

Mac V2.0 LawnSite Member
    from Mid OH

Ken, at first i never even noticed. I originally assumed it was grass blades but i just went back to look again and you are right. I think that is among the best, but its just my opinion. Marks is also nice.

8. DFW Area Landscaper

DFW Area Landscaper LawnSite Silver Member
    from DFW, TX

There are some VERY cool logos there. I like the one by MOwling and the one by Visual Sense.

I think I'll do this too.

How much does it cost?

Later,
    DFW Area Landscaper

9. Soupy

Just look around on the other contest to get an idea how much to offer. I offered $100 to the winning design, But have seen them as low as $50. The more you offer the better your contest will be. I've also seen $200 offered. I don't think you need to go that high to get experienced designers to participate.

There is a 10% fee added to the prize amount. This goes to the site owner.

10. Soupy

What logo by Mowling are you guys liking? the last one?

If you guys want you can save the logo and post it here.

Look for the poll I'll be posting later for the final three.

Soupy