1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

opinions on new logo ideas

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by causalitist, Feb 19, 2007.

1. causalitist

causalitist LawnSite Senior Member

my brother in law did these for free .. let me know what one is best so he can do revisions. and by the way.. dont think i lowball cuz of my name.. its just like how tons of stores say there cheap everyday but they arent.. they do it to get you in the store.. im 60/hr so no worries.

i like the bottoms one maybe..but with grass instead of a tree.. and not the little tuft of grass.. more of it, and so u can see the blades. the font is a little "agressive" in all of them so i think we will change that regardless.

any ideas?
    thanks alot.
  2. johng

johng LawnSite Member

I like the top one. The rest of them have a tree in them which has never made sense to me. It's just easier than drawing grass I guess.
  3. Allure

Allure LawnSite Senior Member

the 1st is pretty good except the grass could be much better.

the last one would look good with grass as you mentioned

i think the second would look good if 'lawn care' was moved underneath 'budget'. I would also try to improve the grass a little & make the circle a nice shade of green. I think this could be the best if it was reworked a bit.

in all of them, i would try a different green. it looks like olive drab on my screen.

the 3rd, 4th & 5th i would not consider working with.

4. Uranus

Uranus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

I would try to put the grass from the first one into the last option, and drop the tree. Change the color too. That color sucks. Othere than that I would keep on looking for a new logo. Not trying to diss you logos, They are just nothing I would want to work with.
  5. causalitist

good ideas.. thanks.. think is they are free.. so im not complaining.

no one said anything about the font.. doesnt it look a little to "terminator 2" for a lawn company? it looks either agressive or technological.. i think hahaha
    do any of you guys see the font the way im seeing it?
  6. Matts lawn care

Matts lawn care LawnSite Senior Member
    from MD

i agree, i think tree service whenever i See a tree in a logo like that.
  7. causalitist

so what about the font??? do you guys think its ok??
  8. johng

johng LawnSite Member

I love that style of font. Very easy to read and no sharp edges to wear so it may stay good looking longer. It is "modern" but we are too now. Have your brother shorten and widen the grass in number one and then maybe add a discrete sun or a couple of clouds of to the side. A couple of playing children silhouetted on manicured grass would be better than the wild looking stuff you have there now. And get another less horrible green.
  9. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff LawnSite Bronze Member

Number 1 or 3 but make the grass better.

10. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator