1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Opinions on new mowers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by SWD, Dec 13, 2002.

1. SWD

SWD LawnSite Senior Member

I am in need of a reliable 60" ZT. While at Lesco, I saw the new ZT2. For $6199 I can get a new machine with the mulching baffles.

Additionally, I viewed a Landscaper Supply 60" on their web site. Essentially the same deal, @6500 delivered to my door.

Has anyone purchased any of these machines?
    Comments about these machines?
    However, I do not want opinions on acquiring used equipment - even Walkers.
    I have not reached a ceiling on anticipated capital expenditures due to varying costs for equipment.
    I have one dealer whom I frequent, however, due to my shop set up, I am considered a warranty center as well. The dealer I frequent is more of a friend. So the dealer equation has, for all purposes, been eliminated.
    Thanks for the input.

WREBELMACHINE LawnSite Bronze Member

You get what you pay for! However these might be decent starter ztr mowers.
  3. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

I agree with the statement you get what you pay for. I don't agree with the starter ztr part. These machines are to expensive for "starter" status.;)
  4. SWD

SWD LawnSite Senior Member

If I get what I pay for, then what are you paying?
    Provided $6200 - $6,500 isn't enough, than what is fair market value for a 60" ZT?
  5. grassdaddy

grassdaddy LawnSite Senior Member

2003 turftiger 61'' 27hp liquid cool kaw.9,000.What the dealer will do for you means alot.I wouldn't buy if they wouldn't give a comparable loaner if you had repairs being done.a good service dept. --very important.
  6. longviewlawncare

longviewlawncare LawnSite Senior Member

EXmark lazer Z 60" 27 Kaw LC is about 8600.00
  7. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Where did $6,500 come from on on the landscaper's supply unit? The one I saw at their site was a 25/61 for $4,999. Am I looking at something different?
  8. GrassCtr

GrassCtr LawnSite Member
    from south

Check out the Great Dane mowers, great finance charges and service thru John Deere! Along with that a great machine!
  9. KLMlawn

KLMlawn LawnSite Senior Member

Try looking at Wright Standers and Sentars, they have a 20% off promotion until Jan. 1 ,2003 ...
    61" Stander 23 HP Kawi/elec - $5765
    61" Sentar 25 HP Kawi/elec - $6971
  10. Turf Technologies

Turf Technologies LawnSite Senior Member
    from Florida

Dont listen to any of them, " you get what you pay for" Lesco is a top notch machine.Ive used Lesco only, and cant say a bad word about it.Any machine will last depending on how you take care of it.Im sure most that posted here never even got on one.