1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

opinions on pool deck drainage

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by DVS Hardscaper, Aug 11, 2009.

1. Stillwater

Stillwater LawnSite Platinum Member

A dangerous, and irresponsible thing to believe for a business owner...
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. Drakeslayer

Drakeslayer LawnSite Member

It's all in the presentation....they only know what one tells them.

3. DVS Hardscaper

DVS Hardscaper LawnSite Fanatic

No more clueless than a contractor that boasts on a forum tht he only builds walls correctly if a permit is being acquired......
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. Drakeslayer

Wrong! One can build a wall correctly with out having to pay for a permit fee or have someone tell me to put grid, rock, tile or whatever it may need to be structurally sound. I should say that most of our walls are 4' or under by design to not have to deal with permitting or engineering. I have Never had a wall fail by our own negligence or poor workmanship.

5. Stillwater

How many 4' walls do I need to install to receive a drakeslayer achievement...
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. DVS Hardscaper

Like I said - "clueless".

say i am a home owner. Saw your ad boasting how you're the best in the area and have extensive yrs of experience. and you build a wall for me and you don't pull a permit.

I go to sell the house.

A prospective buyer has placed a contract on the house. and he does some research. They find an old satelite picture online and the see no trace of the wall in the photo. so they realize the wall is somewhat recent. And they ask to see the permit for the wall construction.

I don't have a permit because you the contractor didn't tell me one was needed.

Buyer backs out of the sale because no permit exists for the wall. A legality.

Now, because of your negligence - I can't sell my home.

Guess who's gonna be forced to buy it from me!

Permits go further than structural. They also tell a buyer that things were done formally.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. Drakeslayer

I see the light now! I promise to change my ways guys. :drinkup:

8. DVS Hardscaper

You should consider buying my tutorial educational CD's to further enhance your knowledge.

www.andrewhardscape.com/fanclub/education

9. Stillwater

Posted via Mobile Device

10. DVS Hardscaper

Hmmmm........looks like I'll have to launce a hearing like the gov't is doing with Obama's health care website.......