1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Opinions on Running Gator Blades

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Allens LawnCare, Jun 9, 2007.

1. Allens LawnCare

Allens LawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

I've heard of people running one mulching blade on the bag side of the deck, I have a bunch of 10 day cuts that should be two day cuts they grow so fast. I'm looking to increase the bagging on my mower also cut down a little on the long stuff clogging my ultra vac....Any opinoins, all three blades verses two, verses just shoot side.....any difference in cut or lawn appearence

2. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

I would make your accounts go to a different schedule. Like every 7 days. Other than that, you can bag with Gators on all the spindles. Or, some guys run 2 gators and a hi-lift on the discharge side. OR you could run doubles. Like a gator and hi-lift combo.

3. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

your best bet would be to get rid of customers who want their lawns bagged IMO...what a waste of time.

4. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

That's for sure!

5. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

charge accordingly! regardless of bagged or not.

6. GreenT

GreenT LawnSite Fanatic

Bagging?? What's bagging?? ;)

7. instyle

instyle LawnSite Senior Member
    from Canada

ha, where we are, if we didn't bag we would be fired from the job fast. Our grass does not mulch. I have to bag resi's and comercials, every time. I bought mulch kits for my JD's but that just made powder, lots of powder.

8. WJW Lawn

WJW Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Bagging is not an option.

9. greengiant9963

greengiant9963 LawnSite Senior Member

I have tried it a few years ago on my Lazer Z HP with Ultra Vac. Really didn't make that much of a difference. Out of all the mowers I have ever used I found that this mower was the worst for bagging any grass that is longer or is on the wet side. I can't tell you how many times I have had to unclog the blower. :hammerhead:

10. Allens LawnCare

Allens LawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

I love the I'd get rid of them comments.....sounds great....maybe McDonalds will be hiring soon, Money is money and I love it and yes I do charge accordingly, if I have to double cut guess what...cut x2 in price....I was just wondering if anyone runs the gators with a bagger and if it makes a difference. As for the ultra vac I have noticed that you have to slow it down if there has been a 3-5 inch growth between cuts, I usally don't have a problem, the day after a good down pour I do have to unclogg the blower alot.