1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Opinions on Shindaiwa?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by joeg2246, Apr 13, 2006.

1. joeg2246

joeg2246 LawnSite Member

I am also buying all new Shindawai equipment. It is definitely a bit more expensive than ECHO which I have used for a long time. I do not know much about it, but, have heard it was supposedly the best available. I would love to hear comments on their equipment.

Here is the equipment that I am purchasing.

T261 Weedeater
    LE261 Edger
    ASH 231 Hedge Clipper (Short Shaft)
    EB8510 Blower (224 MPH)
    P231 Pole Pruner
  2. Howie's Lawn Care

Howie's Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

As you can see in my signature, I have a T231 Trimmer, LE261 Edger, and EB630RT. I think they seem to be very durable pieces of equipment. I think the T261 would have been a better choice than the T231. Just pick up the LE261 and you'll feel how durable it is. I think it would be a great choice for you. Obviously many people love their Stihl, but my next trimmer, edger, and backpack blower combination will be Shindaiwa.
  3. joeg2246

joeg2246 LawnSite Member

Thanks Howie that is good to hear.
  4. rob7233

rob7233 LawnSite Senior Member

Just with everything else, you have your diehard fans (Stihl, Echo). Did you get the LE261 edger with the new open blade guard? That machine will produce such a fine, deep manicured edge that it will spoil your customers that have had echo or stihl. Decided to get the big hoss blower too! Only down side is the trimmer runs a little heavier than say, echo. But you will never have the extended warmup time that echo has...Shindaiwa> First to start and last to quit......
  5. joeg2246

joeg2246 LawnSite Member

Rob, I am not sure about the blade guard. I had to order all my new equipment. I am picking the whole package up in approximately 2 weeks. I will inquire to find out which one I am getting. I know the model number is LE261. They only had a LE231 in the shop and I knew I wanted the larger motor. Thanks for the comments!! I am looking forward to the not having to wait a minute or 2 for warm-up.

6. LawnScapers of Dayton

LawnScapers of Dayton LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Dayton, OH

I have the EB630, T230, and the M2500 multi-tool. All are great tools the M2500 does require I little bit of warm-up.....

I did cut the edger attachment to open up the side of the blade. It got clogged up if the ground was damp......

7. Oldtimer

Oldtimer LawnSite Bronze Member

Go to www.shindaiwa.com and you can access their parts manuals.

I have been selling Shindaiwa since 1985.

8. newz7151

newz7151 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Tejas

Hey Oldtimer, have you gotten your replacement muffler kits for the recall on the EB630 and 630RTs ?
  9. Howie's Lawn Care

What's the recall all about?
  10. Howie's Lawn Care

What's the recall all about?