Opinions on shirt

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by No Weeds Left Behind, Sep 4, 2013.

?

What do you think about shirt?

Poll closed Sep 14, 2013.
  1. Yay

4 vote(s)
    17.4%
  2. Nay

19 vote(s)
    82.6%
  1. No Weeds Left Behind

No Weeds Left Behind LawnSite Member

I agree with everyone saying it sounds like a fert name. When I came up with it I wasnt on lawnsite and I didnt have any idea about squirt/fert company ha. But I would like for you to take out of your mind that you know anything about cutting grass. I ran two ads one with this name when I was starting out and two others with generic names. Every time I ran the ad with this name I got a call now whether I got the business or not different story but I was getting calls. I guess what I am getting at is to the average person that has no knowledge of fert or even lawn care the name catches the eye/ear.

2. Jimslawncareservice

Jimslawncareservice LawnSite Platinum Member
    from mn

How about this. When you are ready to spray keep the grass and change the guy to a guy spraying the grass. Until then I would just remove the guy or at least remove the knife

3. No Weeds Left Behind

Yea I see about the knife it could be seen as negative

4. GOATMAN GEORGE

GOATMAN GEORGE LawnSite Member

Why dont you put a weed eater in his hand instead of a knife.

5. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

What about using the standard "NO" circle with the line thru it over top of a dandelion or thistle?

6. No Weeds Left Behind

I was thinking of that or scissors. Maybe kneeling cutting it with scissors. I also like the no symbol comment too have to see what looks best

7. Mike A

Mike A LawnSite Member

The name to me suggests a landscape maintenance company...

8. kwwolfe

kwwolfe LawnSite Senior Member

I can give you a non LCO perspective. The knife is funny but could be a little creepy. Also, you might wanted to include "lawncare" in your name somewhere. It helps for people who are searching the net, craigslist or other places. You are more likely to get traffic your way. Not to mention, it might help in illustrating that you are more than a fertizler guy.

9. No Weeds Left Behind

Thanks for the input everyone. It is all duly noted. I like criticism only makes me better. I would rather someone tell me everything I am doing wrong.

10. OakNut

OakNut LawnSite Platinum Member

You need a haircut.

:D