Opinions on Tanaka TBC-260SF please

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Tim03, May 5, 2008.

1. Tim03

Tim03 LawnSite Member

2. Tim03

Tim03 LawnSite Member

Is no one here using one of these?

3. Tim03

Tim03 LawnSite Member

No responses???

I gotta wonder about this product, no one is using it.

4. nmez21

nmez21 LawnSite Senior Member

I am currently using a 260sf as my main trimmer. It's got a nice amount of power for the weight, smooth acceleration, and very easy starting. I use it in conjunction with the edger attachment and I'm very pleased with it. It has enough power to cut through a slightly overgrown edge (6 months or so), but you may have to slow down and let it really rev up if you're looking to tackle anything larger- not ideal for starting edges. The attachments use a drive rod that is not attached linearly when not in use, this can cause attachment change-outs to take a minute or so on occasion because you'll need to get the rod back into position(simply sliding it back down the shaft and rotation the attachment.) I have absolutely no trouble getting the trimmer attachment back on the powerhead, but the edger takes a little playing around with at times. Last year I ended up using 32:1 lawnboy mix a lot of the time and I had NO carbon buildup. Overall, I'd recommend this trimmer. Out of 10 I'd give it an 8.5 or 9. Very comfortable to use, large gas tank and opening, good power-to-weight ratio, well balanced, smooth running. Definitely check it out if available.

5. Tim03

Tim03 LawnSite Member

Thank you for replying!

I was getting second thoughts when no one else replied. Tanaka sounds like they make good products but I dont hear much talk about them on Lawn site.

Hopefully I can get a few more responses before the stimulus check arrives.

6. Tanaka

Tanaka Inactive