Opinions on the Toro Z5000 Model 74370

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by flati, Jun 6, 2008.

1. flati

flati LawnSite Member
    from ohio

Need a zero turn in the $3000 range, is the Toro Z5000 model 74370 worth it?

2. tb8100

tb8100 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from TX

Are you a homeowner or a commercial cutter. If you're using the mower commercially, it's not worth it. Buy a used Scag or eXmark.

3. flati

flati LawnSite Member
    from ohio

Sorry for not leaving more info. Homeowner with about 2 acres to move, some slope to it with not alot of trees. Hoping to find something very soon in the $3000 price range that I'll be happy with for a while.

4. tb8100

from TX

If you can come up with the funds, the Scag Freedom Z is a good machine. I don't know of any durable zero turns at the $3000 price point. If you can't afford a Scag, maybe something in the Hustler lineup would work for you. They have some sub-$5000 mowers.

5. flati

flati LawnSite Member
    from ohio

Anyone else have opinions on this Toro for cutting my own yard?

6. WOODSHED

WOODSHED LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

The Toro Titan Z 4800 in a 48" deck is $3600 at dealer cost, minus the rebate they offer now would put you very close to $3000 and alot more mower than the Z5000. Hope that helps.

Scott

7. tb8100

from TX

What Toro dealers do you know of that are willing to sell a Toro at cost? :confused:

8. flati

flati LawnSite Member
    from ohio

I've been reading everything I can and visiting/calling a ton of shops...I just want the best for my money but I cant make a decision. This is frustrating! I found the Z5000 for $2550 with 3 years same as cash but I dont wanna just buy something and be sorry. Looked at some pretty nice residential Gravely's for close to $3000...:dizzy:

9. WOODSHED

WOODSHED LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

A friend of mine owns the local Kubota/Toro dealer and will sell pretty much anything I want at cost. It is the end of the year for mowers and they will be willing to deal, maybe not cost but very close. Just wanted to help out on pricing information. There are also some nice incentives that Toro has put out for residential. I bought a Titan Z and immediately took it back as it had several serious issues in the first week. He bought it back no questions asked and I bought a Ferris IS 1500 Z used and am very happy with it.

Scott

10. flati

flati LawnSite Member
    from ohio

The Ferris would be my choice if I had a ton of property, did this for a living or money wasnt an object. I ended up buying the Z5000, hope Im not sorry. I just need something to cut my own yard and realized I may be over thinking this as I do everything.