Opinions on this mower - 2012 Exmark walk behind mower.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by Holland, Feb 4, 2013.

1. newz7151

newz7151 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Tejas

Also, in an instance such as this with a unit that may still have some warranty time on it (years), you should work the deal through an authorized eXmark dealer, as they can transfer the warranty from the seller to the buyer.

2. Holland

Holland LawnSite Senior Member

This unit does have a year left of warranty. He is willing to sell for $3900 with velkey and mulching kit. Should I pull trigger ??
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. Holland

Please disregard this thread. It's not this mower but the turf tracer 2012 on another thread. Thanks.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2013
  4. Holland

What would be better value.....look for $1500 or so used 36 or pull the trigger and get the basically new 2012 one for $3900 I listed?
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. Valk

Valk LawnSite Silver Member

Since it's been used for 1 season I'm 'guessing' that he has less than 500 hours on it max...perhaps as little as 200 or less seeing as this was not his primary mower. Any $1500 used commercial mower will VERY likely have over 1000+ hrs. If it was me I'd opt for this newer unit.

6. Holland

Yep. Gonna pull the trigger on this. Mower has less than 20 hours on it. Was barely used last season and guy dosent use it enough to keep it. Will have another year warranty and providing me with old bill of sale and all paperwork etc. Was bought new locally from exmark dealer. I think this is gonna be a smart purchase. Thanks for the help guys.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. weaver

weaver LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey that a good deal i think.. That mower is over 5k new. I bought a 5 month old one in 2011 just like it for 4k and am totally satisfied with it and with Exmark the rest of the warranty is transferable if something did happen to it...

8. Holland

Yeah comes with velkey and mulching kit too. So $3900 seems very nice.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. Holland

Now I just need a 6-12 trailer. :)
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. Holland

I keep getting this thread confused with the turf tracer thread. Sorry bout that. I ended up choosing the turf tracer instead of the Viking.
    Posted via Mobile Device