Lawn Care Forum banner

Opinions on this truck?

4K views 40 replies 13 participants last post by  oakwdman 
#1 ·
I have decided to look for a '99-'03 7.3L Powerstroke. I know everyone will say don't go diesel it costs more than gas now and isnt worth it. I am aware of the fact that they are more expensive to own, and will have no problem $ wise being able to fill it up when it needs it, and even to cover any major repairs without draining my bank account . Not to mention I will use it for many other things besides landscaping. So as of right now I am definatley ready to take a trip down diesel alley in the next couple of weeks .

Here is my #1 prospect as of right now:
1999 Ford Super Duty F-350 SRW XLT

Price: 10250
Mileage: 110588
Stock No: C80257
Vin: 1FTSX31F1XEC80257
Engine: 7.3L (444) DI V8 TURBO-DIESEL ENGINE
Transmission: Automatic

Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Automotive side marker light Land vehicle

Tire Vehicle registration plate Car Wheel Vehicle

Wheel Tire Land vehicle Car Vehicle

Wheel Tire Automotive side marker light Automotive parking light Sky

Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Automotive tire Steering part

See less See more
#4 ·
Now here is lovely truck # 2!!!

Disadvantages here are obvious. More miles on a younger truck. Its a cc lb so plowing will be difficult at best. However it is a lariat so there is a + on the comfort factor. also is priced a little bit higher.

Specs
Price: $11,500
Year: 2000
Model: F350
Mileage:146,388
Color: white
Enging: 7.3 diesel

Crew cab long bed lariat. remote start, heavy duty service suspension (whatever that means).

Wheel Tire Car Automotive parking light Vehicle

#12 ·
the first one is nice and I have a friend who has 233000 on his 99 f250 with a powerstroke in it.

#13 ·
Only thing about the first one is I had my dealer do an auto check (same as carfax) and it has moved from NY to PA to here since it was bought. That could just be that the guy moved around, or he brought it here to dump it. but besides that everything came up clean, no accidents or anthing like that. My dealer also told me that an oasis report only works if you run it at the dealer it was serviced at and he wouldnt be able to get ahold of one. So if anyone thinks he's wrong can get one for me i would be eternally greatful!

#14 ·
he should be able to get one from the dealer they keep records of that

#15 ·
Only thing about the first one is I had my dealer do an auto check (same as carfax) and it has moved from NY to PA to here since it was bought. That could just be that the guy moved around, or he brought it here to dump it. but besides that everything came up clean, no accidents or anthing like that. My dealer also told me that an oasis report only works if you run it at the dealer it was serviced at and he wouldnt be able to get ahold of one. So if anyone thinks he's wrong can get one for me i would be eternally greatful!
yeh thats wrong, any Ford dealer can pull an oasis report. It just costs the dealer to do it. Theyre just being cheap. If you go to www.ford-trucks.com or www.superdutydiesel.com and give one of the mods the vin they can pull an oasis report for ya. or a "service history" thing.

#17 ·
I really like the first one. I just bought a truck just like it. Mine is an 02 F-350, gas, and I got it for $9800. So, I'd say go for that one. It will be a more plow friendly truck. But if you have bigger lots, then I guess it's a horse a piece.

#18 ·
I will go for the second one
Long bed
Crew cab

#20 ·
heres an update for ya'. I want a longbed. lol. Did some major hedge trimming today and used my friend's f150 reg cab 8' bed and we barely fit everything in it. I thought about it and i dont want to be hauling a trailer to every job such as this one where theres no way we would fill the trailer but would fit it perfectly in the truck. I'm still going to look at the one in decatur, but will only persue the truck if EVERYTHING checks out alright.

#21 ·
the first truck gets my vote. plowing with a crew cab is a nightmare

#25 ·
In crowded parking lots, I'm glad I have a short bed, but when I'm working, I sometimes wish I had a long bed. That first truck looked really good. This third truck looks really good too. I had a teacher in high school who had a truck just like that but crew cab. Every Friday, a group of guys would go have a tailgate party on the truck during lunch. That teacher was a really cool teacher. He'd roll all the windows down and crank up some music while we ate and played football.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.