Opinions on trailer graphics

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by FIRESCOOBY, Jan 15, 2007.

1. FIRESCOOBY

FIRESCOOBY LawnSite Senior Member

Hoping to upgrade to enclosed trailer this spring. Gonna get either a 7X14 or 7X16. Came up with some crude ideas on MS paint. The trailer will be white with the letters same color as my truck (darker blue). The green at the bottom will be a wrap around graphic that looks like freshly cut grass.

Attached is one picture of the side and one of rear.

I am inviting any criticism, ideas, etc. What do you think of a more "flashy" color for the word LAWNCARE or phone number to attract attention?

Thanks in advance

rear
    [​IMG]
    Side
    [​IMG]

2. carcrz

carcrz LawnSite Silver Member

Of the two, I'd chose the second one. But in all honesty, neither one of them caught my attention. They need a picture or something to catch people's attention. Also, lose the email address. People have their cell phones w/ them while driving, not their internet. I'd put it on my business cards though.

3. Petr51488

Petr51488 LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

Honestly i don't think you need firefighter owned and operated. Has that helped you in the past?

4. FIRESCOOBY

Actually that was recommended by the guy doing the graphics.

5. Allure

Allure LawnSite Senior Member

i'd work with # 2 personally. it has a better layout than the 1st. It is lacking something to get peoples attention though.

You would be better off with your web site address (if you have one) vs. email address.

6. FIRESCOOBY

Just to clarify...the top graphic is for the rear ramp, bottom will be on the side of the trailer.

7. FIRESCOOBY

I don't have a website...not experienced in that area.

8. Precision

Precision LawnSite Silver Member

suggestions

to get:
    a logo / graphic to attract attention
    licensed and insured (if it is true)

to lose:
    firefighter owned
    Quality, reliable, honest. it always strikes me that if you have to tell me that, it probably isn't true.

I would lay it out more like this

Premier Lawncare

..................Big logo.....................

..............catch phrase ..................

...............................................phone number

then fill in anywhere you like with the other little things that people won't really remember or read.

for the rear, I would put the phone number in the middle (eye level while driving) and forgo the logo or de-emphasize it

free advice, take it for what its worth.

9. Allure

Allure LawnSite Senior Member

that's cool. you may want to think about changing your email address if you are going to put it on your trailer. firescooby@gmail.com does not come across as professional as say info@premierlawncare.com. your personal email address will also be harder to remember too.

You are investing a lot of money in a trailer & graphics. why not invest a little more & get a professional email address.

for example
    http://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/email/custom_mailbox.php for $35/yr

I'm not trying to knock you, just making an observation.

10. FIRESCOOBY

Not taking offense to anything guys...I am VERY appreciative for all the help. I'm gonna look into the email address.

How does this different graphic look? The logo is what I use on my business cards, invoices, and letterhead. I included the "& Landscapes" because that's how my LLC is set up.

New idea:
    [​IMG]