1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Opinions on trimmer line

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by David W, Sep 11, 2006.

1. David W

David W LawnSite Senior Member

We have been using the Husky Titanium .95 line for the past 5 years or so. It has worked very well for us, but I was curious as to what each of you use and what your thoughts are on the best line out there.

We currently are running 8 RedMax 2600's and 1 FS-110 from Stihl.
  2. horsequick

horsequick LawnSite Member

I used to use that. Then I changed to the stuff from J-Thomas.....the square line. Think it's called optimum. It's a LOT better.
  3. FinalCut05

FinalCut05 LawnSite Member

I run Rhino-Tuff Square, size .095 in my stihl KM-110R and love it. A full trimmer spool lasts me 3 weeks. I can trim 2-3 houses before I even have to bump it. Great stuff.
  4. kmann

kmann LawnSite Senior Member

Gator Magnum Square. Have yet to see anything that even comes close.
  5. metro36

metro36 LawnSite Silver Member

I use echo cross fire line. Works great especially when you get the precut pieces for rapid loader. The line cuts great. Before I got the rapid loader I tried a bunch of different line and echo was the best.
    Just my 0.2
  6. Chop Stuff Up

Chop Stuff Up LawnSite Senior Member

echo crossfire!
  7. Rickco

Rickco LawnSite Member

Ditto,cross fire
  8. lawns Etc

lawns Etc LawnSite Silver Member

Gatorline is awesome in my opinion with the wal mart red diamond a close 2nd
  9. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

rotary red stripe square (also sold as arnold extreme) also like" the edge "when i can find it. i use echo crossfire in heads that cant use a square line. husky ti line is crap
  10. David W

David W LawnSite Senior Member

We used the echo x-fire for many years and then switched to the titanium about 5 years ago. And found it to be far superior to the echo x-fire. It just depends on what your trimming and type grass I guess.

Thanks for all the replies and I think we'll try some of the J. Thomas stuff and the gatorline.