Opinions on truck signwriting

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by stuie, Aug 20, 2005.

1. stuie

stuie LawnSite Member

Hey all
    Just want opinions please on this layout for our truck.Just a photoshop mock up at present.
    The trailer is already fully signwritten
    THANKS
    Stuart
    :cool2:

truckmitsopin.jpg

2. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

The "Flower Power" lettering is too hard to read. Not a good style...too cramped, perhaps.
    Here is an AWESOME site for signs. These guys are from here (they striped my truck out). There is an area on their site called "The Toolbox". In it, you will find SEVERAL tips on coloring, sign structure and layout, letter styles (what to use and what not to), among several other topics. I hope this helps.
    http://www.chapinsbetterletter.com/

3. stuie

stuie LawnSite Member

Hey Thanks Joe
    I have a problem with the Flowerpower lettering too.Unfortunatly it is the logo of the nursery chain i am now allied too.It is their design and font and i dont think i could or can change it.
    I will use the tips on that site though for what i am able to use myself.
    Thanks again
    Stuart

4. Sprinkler Doc

Sprinkler Doc LawnSite Member

Flower Power has a catchy feel to it but I agree it's a little hard to read. That might not matter if it's a well known brand.

5. Tonyr

Tonyr LawnSite Bronze Member

weeelllllllll, for 1. wrong shade of green.
    2. no gold colour or text....hmmmm.

for correct colouring, please check out the Shrek like thing below!

haaaaaaaa haaaaaaaaa haaaaaaaaa

just teasin' Stuie!

6. stuie

stuie LawnSite Member

Correct green!!! Thankyou Tony !!!
    Wait till i get up that way and do a picasso on ya little green goat! :)

Seriously green truck and trailer towing a green mower ..What a standout that could be!

7. smullen

smullen LawnSite Member

I have a question, why do people always block out the Phone Number or Liscense Plate, when posting a pic, like the one above???

Countless amounts of people see it every day when you roll down the street, Hiways or are park somewhere...

Why is a few more people on the net seeing it a security precaution???

I never got that...

You left the name, its not like they can't go to yellowpages.com and look up the number or use the URL and go to the web site... All you info is even listed there... I can even tell you who owns the domain name and prolly their address...

Like I said, just curious...

8. stuie

stuie LawnSite Member

Well i guess this is a commercial money making excercise for Shaun and Lawnsite so in reality i am avoiding advertising on his site because i have not paid for the privelage.
    Yes you can go to my website ,i guess i should have smudged that as well and get the details from there.
    I have no problem with people seeing my contact details even on the web.

9. TWUllc

TWUllc LawnSite Senior Member

Looks good. Like that green color on the truck. Stands out.