Opinions on Used Hustler Pricing

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by KevinACrider, Jun 9, 2008.

1. KevinACrider

KevinACrider LawnSite Member

My dealer currently has these used machines for me to choose from:

2004 Hustler Z w/ 60" Deck, 24HP Honda, 304 Hours - $5999
    2007 Hustler Super Z w/ 60" Deck, 27HP Kohler, 139 Hours - $8599
    2007 Hustler Super Z w/ 60" XR7 Deck, 28HP Kohler, 55 Hours - $8999

I know the last Super Z w/ the XR7 deck is a great deal but I'm really leaning towards the 04, mainly because of the price.

Can anyone tell me if the 24HP Honda is a good engine? I demo'd the Fastrak Super Duty w/ a 23HP Kawasaki and it seemed pretty good, but it only had the 48" deck. That's not much to compare to a 60" deck with only 1 more HP.

2. lawnspecialties

lawnspecialties LawnSite Silver Member

I just sold my '07 66" SuperZ with the 26hp Kawasaki liquid-cooled for $7500. It had about 180 hours and I was very happy with my deal.

Those prices seem a little stout in this economy.

3. KevinACrider

Dealer pricing is always higher than private party pricing. I'm expecting warranty on these machines as well.

4. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

Skip the 04 Hustler, not enough HP.........

5. KevinACrider

For the $2500 price difference, I'm almost going to be forced into that one. Where will I see a loss of power at?

6. zurfsturfcare

zurfsturfcare LawnSite Senior Member

the super z is almost twice as fast

7. MJB

MJB LawnSite Silver Member
    from Wa

Why Hustler is that your only choice? I've got a 2006 super z 700hrs 66" 30 kohler, flex forks, suspension seat for sale for $5000 but I'm in Wa.

8. MJB

from Wa

Have you figured out which of the kids is your favorite yet? Does 1 size stand out as your favorite? I'm looking at a 260 this week, but thinking of going smaller.

9. KevinACrider

zurfsturfcare, while that could be a benefit, when I demo'd the Fastrak SD, most of my lawns I couldn't even take that thing full speed so any faster won't help me.

MJB, I chose Hustler because I like them better than the other local dealers around (Scag, eXmark, Toro, Ferris, Cub Cadet, Wright). Also, the Hustler dealer is going to offer me in-house financing instead of 3rd party. Good deal on your mower too, but yea, you're in WA.

10. MJB

from Wa

Demo which ever one your looking at. Cut quality was an issue on the 2005 60 loaner they gave me had the 24 honda. Had enough power for side discharging but it left uncut strips but it was their loaner mower so I didn't complain just double cut more.