Opinions on using your garage as equipment storage and shop.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Holland, Jan 28, 2013.

1. knox gsl

knox gsl LawnSite Platinum Member

As I said earlier it sucks, I am currently on a waiting list for a storage unit big enough to hold all my gear and then I will be out. It started out as just using a small area in a 2 car garage now there's not enough room in the garage for just my equipment and materials much less my wife's car or my jeep. I have a narrow path on one side to move around in and if I need something out it usually means taking a mower or 2 out to get to it.

2. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

That's where my equipment goes if the weather gets rough.

3. weaver

weaver LawnSite Bronze Member

Did you get a new truck yet Richard?

4. T Scapes

T Scapes LawnSite Bronze Member

i used my garage this year. moving to a shop this year have to much stuff

5. zechstoker

zechstoker LawnSite Senior Member

I use the garage at my house... and the garage at my brother's house... and the storage trailer that's in the driveway at the office. Too much stuff, and can't fit it all in one location without actually renting a space big enough for the collection.

My primary/daily use equipment comes home with me, backup machines stay at my brother's, and occasional use items, chemicals, and bulk sprinkler parts stay at the office. PITA is what it is, but that's how we have to do it for now.

6. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Yup. A Chebbie. 2007 1/2 ton with 59k miles. Work truck, A/C, Cruise, Cloth Seats, Automatic, 5.3 liter, tilt wheel. It's almost identical to my Ford F150 that I bought 14 years ago. The Chebbie cost 3 more dollars than the Ford did. Both of them had the same number of miles. Now I'm not sure whether I paid too much for the Ford or got a great deal on the Chebbie.

[​IMG]

7. Nate'sLawnCare

Nate'sLawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

Congrats! Now you're gonna have to update your avatar with the new ride :laugh:

My apologies to the OP, didn't mean to hijack.

I just wish I had a garage, I'm storing my mowers under a shelter for now.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2013
  8. weaver

weaver LawnSite Bronze Member

Cool buddy.. I'm after the same thing but am going with a 4X4...

:waving:

9. orangemower

orangemower LawnSite Silver Member
    from pa

I could only wish I had a garage that big. I use a single car attached garage and a 12x20 shed. If I had it my way, I'd have a garage I could drive through. Pull in at the end of the day, shut the truck off, leave the key in it, close the door and say good night to it. :D Get up, open the door and you're on your way.

PS, if I had a two car garage attached, the wife WOULD NOT get a parking space. She tries to park in the driveway all the time. It's my only way to the garage. I told her to park across the street from now on. She didn't like it but I wear the pants.

10. chesterlawn

chesterlawn LawnSite Senior Member

It's messy now because of winter, but you can pack allot on one side of a garage.

P1290259.JPG