1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Opinions on Z-spray/Zplug please!

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by mastercare, Feb 8, 2006.

1. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Yes probably good idea never know what the temp will do these days.
  2. moyer93

moyer93 LawnSite Member

got one in the fall and having problems with pulling good plugs any one else having this problem. Is there a way to fix this. I've tried taking weights out still no real luck. my ryan five out pulls it by far. i have the new z plug with the two front caster wheels
  3. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Mine is old three wheel style and it doesn't pull plugs as good as the Billygoat 25" unit WB. I am afraid to put more weight beyond the four hunks of steel.
    I thought the new units could put a down force...like use ram to put down force until front wheel come up?
  4. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

Dinosaur. Better stuff coming down the pike.
  5. Service 1st Lawn Care

Service 1st Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

This from someone who doesn't own one, so your opinion really means nothing. There's always newer and hopefully better stuff coming down the pike, Just think of the thousands and thousands of dollars this Dinosaur has made for folks.:rolleyes:
  6. corey4671

corey4671 LawnSite Silver Member

Check this out from my Exmark last fall

7. Efficiency

Efficiency LawnSite Bronze Member
    from zone 6

I should have taken some pics last fall; our 2013 z plug was pulling plugs just like that.

My biggest issue was breaking tines. We would break 3-5 tines a day and thats with a 4 row head.
    Posted via Mobile Device