1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Opinions Read--I got one!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by David527, Oct 29, 2004.

1. David527

David527 LawnSite Member

Much thanks to all who answered my Post about which Mower I might need. I bought an '02 Hustler Z 23/60 today in good shape with only 354 hrs. for $3800. :blob3:
  2. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

You did great, that's all I can say. Enjoy it, and good luck with it. You made a good investment.
  3. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

An excellant buy. You need only be in the right place at the right time. I recently bought a 2003 Dixie Chopper XT2800 60" with Kohler 28 EFI (29 hp if you believe in HP+1) for $4500. Only 29 hours. My dealer is going to convert it to an XP this winter. The 19 to 20 mph top speed is kewl but dangerous on anything but a road. The XP conversion will slow it to about 13 mph but it puts more power to the blades. My buddy, who is always spouting off at the mouth about his Exmark ZTRs, took it for a ride. He said he didn't get it wide open and it still scared him.
  4. Eric 1

Eric 1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Show 'em whose boss Richard. :)
  5. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

thats awsome! Post some pic's!!!

P.S. richard, thats awsome about the 20mph, that would be INSANE!!! lol, try cutting a lawn that fast, boy i bet its choppy...
    i bet burnouts are fun and i bet you can zero turn SUPER FAST!!! lol
  6. ALarsh

ALarsh LawnSite Silver Member
    from Midwest

Wow... 20 mph top speed. ThatÂ’s impressive. I'm guessing it has hydraulic oil coolers on board?
  7. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Fellows, it's way too fast. A lawn that appears smooth to my other Dixie at 11 mph is bumpy and rough at top speed on the new Dixie. It bounces all over the place and I've never been able to get it wide open on a lawn.

The XT2800 had a very short production run because of the top speed issue.

ALArsh, almost all Dixies have at least one large hydro cooler. The XT2800 has two.
  8. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

I wish we had a dixie dealer here......... :(

9. jbell113

jbell113 LawnSite Senior Member

Thats a heck of a deal wish I could find a deal like that.
  10. ALarsh

ALarsh LawnSite Silver Member
    from Midwest

I think the speed is more for driving to the truck across a big parking lot rather than actually cutting.