Opinions? What is the most productive mower on the market?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by grassdoctor, Mar 4, 2005.

1. grassdoctor

grassdoctor LawnSite Member

What in terms of cutting speed, price, quality, and durability are the best mowers on the market? I hate my snapper thats all I can say! I am in the market for somthing different. I am looking for responses from people who have had experiance cutting with different brands.

Thanks

Troy

2. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

The best mower on the market is the one that serves YOUR needs.

There is no other answer.

Other than that........Exmark, Hustler, Ferris, Gravely, Walker, Kubota, Great dane, Scag, just to name a few.

3. With that question , you might as well ask who makes the best cheeseburgers cause you'll get just as many varied answers.

4. Eddie B

Eddie B LawnSite Senior Member
    from gone

Burger King is pretty good. Better than McDonalds. Jus' mah two cent

5. NCLawnMedic

NCLawnMedic LawnSite Member

I'll bite. With all things considered (labor costs, fuel ect) and you had space for it, I would think one of the wide area mowers such as Jacobsen, John Deere, ect. They can provide the most acreage per hour with a single operator.

6. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

I don't think the question can really be answered the way you asked it. It depends what you're trying to mow. And don't think that every mower made by a manufacturer is good. Their full sized machine may be great while their smaller machine may be a piece of crap. Depends what you put on them for motors too..whether you get the suspension seat...bagging? mulching? discharging?

Just way to many vairables to answer such a vague question.

With that said, I find my Exmarks to be very productive.

7. Eddie B

Eddie B LawnSite Senior Member
    from gone

darryl when are they gonna take that "addict" out from under your name? lol

8. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

I don't think they're going to, so I'm trying to come up with 679 more posts in a hurry.

Make that 678, lol.

9. locutus

locutus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

Acreage per hour is irrelevant if you are doing mainly small to medium residentials. Quality of cut and access to gated back yards is the main consideration here.

10. battags

battags LawnSite Senior Member