Opinon on Used 36" exmark

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by PushingupDaisies, Jul 24, 2008.

1. PushingupDaisies

PushingupDaisies LawnSite Member

This one just popped up. Guy has had it for 6-7 years. Mainly did lawncare once a week. Estimates that he has put 300 hours on it (seems low for the age, he would hacve to have used it only about an hour a week).

Any opinion on its worth?

http://saltlakecity.craigslist.org/grd/767734406.html

2. razor1

razor1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Offer him $600. You can always go up from there. :usflag:

3. mowerbrad

mowerbrad LawnSite Fanatic

The pictures aren't great but by the looks of it I would say there are way more hours on it than 300. But that is just my opinion.

4. dishboy

dishboy LawnSite Platinum Member
    from zone 6

Ya that's 300 a year. Would not touch that mower with a ten foot pole, my deck cracked everywhere, same deck 500 hrs and garbage!

5. PushingupDaisies

going to look at it this morning, anyone else have an opinion?

6. PushingupDaisies

So I picked it up for $950 with the velke. I love it. I went back to a local dealer to look for a new trimmer and blower and saw the Worldlawn mowers that I was considering. Glad I didn't go that route.

I was discouraged at first because I need a more efficient way of loading and unloading it and it seemed to take MORE time to do lawns. After a few weeks I am cutting my time back down and getting used to it. Had it in 5th gear on a lawn (admittedly screwing around and testing my limits). Almost through myself off the velke when I cornered with it!

All in all it has been a good purchase so far, I need to learn the maintenance on it.

7. ffemt1271

ffemt1271 LawnSite Bronze Member

go to exmark's website, you can get the service interval list, and parts diagrams from there.

I also purchased a 2002 used 36" metro for $300. i put 2 new tires, blades and replaced the bearings in one spindle ind it runs like a top.