Opions count!

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by siyaltrduc, Mar 30, 2007.

1. siyaltrduc

siyaltrduc LawnSite Member
    from Raleigh

So let me have it. What do you guys think of this patio?

Patio finidhed #1.jpg

2. Edgewater

Edgewater LawnSite Senior Member

The patio looks good, but the walkway is to narrow. I think 36" is the minimum.

3. ChampionLS

ChampionLS LawnSite Bronze Member

Walkway is too narrow, and I personally wouldn't have a 90 degree inside corner for the lawn area- I'd add a slight curve, or even better flow the patio into the walkway. Easier mowing and edging too. It's ok if it's your first. :drinkup:

4. siyaltrduc

siyaltrduc LawnSite Member
    from Raleigh

It's what the customer wanted and I don't have to cut so I don't think it really matters. The craftmanship and quality of the product and the customer satisfaction is what counts. The dimensions 12x12 and walkway aprox. 30" wide.

5. ncls

ncls LawnSite Senior Member

Looks great. Mind telling what you got for it????

6. zedosix

zedosix LawnSite Silver Member

Well, patio looks allright. I would of continued the pattern from patio into the walkway instead of putting the soldier course right across. It would of flowed a bit better also if you had convinced the customer to put a curve where the two join. Not sure but did you use a restraint edge. You could excavate a bit more on the sides also. Very important to dig at least 6" wider than your finished product. Looks pretty good though otherwise.

As a side note, I would drop the wood step 3 inches or so and remove that lower step. Its too small.

7. MJM landscaping

MJM landscaping LawnSite Member

OPINIONS count

8. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

That narrow sidewalk sure does not make it look right but if thats what the customer wanted then what else can you do.

9. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

There are a awful lot of aligned joints there.

10. McKeeLand

McKeeLand LawnSite Senior Member

i always here that its what the customer wanted line. its not our job to give the customer what they ask for, its to give them what they want. some times they don't realize what they are asking for is not the right thing to do, i mean who is supposed to be the expert here? i know that we all run into that hard a$$ customer that wants it his way or the highway and not much you can do or say to that. however most of my customer value my opinion and my ideas. if i suggested, in the right manor, another way that might look better from my experience, they almost always go that way. its not just their project, its yous too and you have to put your name on it. just food for thought next time.