1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

opions on Dimension

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by griffy77, Mar 14, 2006.

1. griffy77

griffy77 LawnSite Member

This is my first year using Dimension. Of course the guys at lesco tell me its great. I want to hear from the pros in the trenches. I would like to know what your results are. Do you find that its better to follow exactly the recommended amount per sq ft or have you found that it works better if you add a little more than recommender? What should I expect from Dimension? Will it make the grass grow faster or because its a slow release is it more designed to promote a healthy greener lawn. How well does this stuff work against crabgrass and other weeds? I have sold over 30 apps already so I am really putting my ass out on the line with this product. I am not expecting miracles but i do expect not to see crabgrass and a greener looking lawn first of April.

I have been applying all this week in hopes that in a few weeks that the results will begin to show. Would you guys agree that is an appropriate amount of time to expect results?

I use to use quick release generic ferts that i would get from the feed store but decided to try some professional products.

Hope to hear some feedback from the pros on this product. I have put alot of faith in Dimension, I hope i not building myself up for a big let down.
  2. ArizPestWeed

ArizPestWeed LawnSite Bronze Member

Sorry , I could get through all of it with out laughing .
    You should be on stage , you are funny
  3. Fertboy

Fertboy LawnSite Member

Hey ,

I have been using Dimension for over 4 years. It works well with a split spring application. One thing to mention to customers is they "NEED TO WATER". Also a good idea is to ask if they seeded late in the fall? Spreading dimension on a new customer that seeded late, is a great way to lose them quick if you damage young grass. My favorite thing about dimension is we used pre-m for years, and I dont come home all yellow:) now.

Good Luck!

4. griffy77

griffy77 LawnSite Member

thanks for the quick response fertboy. The fact that you have to use a split app kinda worries me. It sounds like its not a one shot deal. I know about the seeding. I tell my customers its best to wait till September to seed and not wait longer than September. I just wanted to hear some testimonies. I plan on in May using weed and feed and spot treat with monentum throughout the season. I just really talked this **** up so i hope it works. If it does what it says it suppose to do everything is cool. I am using only .10% dimension so i dont know how good of results i will get. I know iam the transition area and its not really recommended to use much more than 10% unless you live in the deep south where crabgrass is more prevalent.
  5. MStine315

MStine315 LawnSite Senior Member

The half life of dimension isn't as long as others. I switched to Barridace this year. If you can doo all your apps. at the optimum time dimension is good, it just doesn't have the longevity in the soil for the earlier apps. if you have a lot of customers to get through. Fertboy has a good point, too, that the staining issue with dimension is non-existant. Hope that helps, but I agree with AZ, it was kind of chuckle worthy. (Don't get me kicked off too!)
  6. NattyLawn

NattyLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Instead of getting mad at people who find humor in your post, if you did a search for Dimension on here, 601 posts come up. I'm sure you'll find a lot of the answers you need there.

I used Dimension last season for customers that want chemical crab control. Nice green-up and decent control on a single app. I didn't start until the 2nd week of April though, and I have no idea what the temps are in WV....
  7. griffy77

griffy77 LawnSite Member

Yea i have read about others having better success with barricade thats found in Stonewall. You say that it stays in the soil a little longer than Dimension? If so that sounds great except does that effect when you are able to seed? Could I still overseed in September if I apply in march with Barricade?

As for you ******* that find my thread comical, I thought this was a place where noobies could come and ask questions and try to get some help without being laughed at. I really dont see the humor in my question I thought it was a fair post. I wanted to hear testimonies from actual people using this product and any info or tips about the product. We all had to start somewhere and I am sure the first time you guys used a preemergent you wondered how well it was goin to work, or maybe you didnt give a damn just wanted to get paid. I really dont see how this thread set me up to get slammed. Its sad that you cant come here and ask a simple question without getting jumped on.

Edited, watch the language, or you won't be around much longer. jodi
  8. NattyLawn

NattyLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

<In Artie Lange voice>

WAHHH!!!....People thought my post about Dimension was funny. WAHHHHH!!!! Now I'm going to get banned from the site for swearing...WAHH!! I should have researched the product before I bought it...WAHHHHHH...

The way you responded to some criticism, I can't say you don't deserve it...
  9. Fertboy

Fertboy LawnSite Member

I have folks out near Rock Cave, WV they are 8 miles from Sago of route 20. I dont know how many cutomers you have. If all you need to apply is 30 or so apps ,you can possibly get away with the single app, at a slighty higher rate. ( bump up spreader a setting )Just try to apply it at the prime time a litttle later in spring. The good deal with dimension, is it acts as a post emerg on very young crab. I believe 3 tillers or less. So if you are off a litllte on timing it shouldnt be too bad. I think they find it funny you are placing alot of confidence on a procuct you are new to. With all products it seems to be a case of trail & error when your new to them. The best for a single app would be .21. Just scout the lawn for 05 dead crab. if there is alot give little heavier shot.

10. turf hokie

turf hokie LawnSite Silver Member

AND Griffy, you are asking about a product you bought and are using already.

You put the cart before the horse and it turned into a post that some find humor in. I did.:hammerhead: