opportunity to bid on snow and lawn care at a 15 million dollar home

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Dave does lawns, Sep 7, 2012.

1. stansoph

stansoph LawnSite Member

I would break it down to a cost per visit per service.

Lawn Cut $

Hedges sheared $

Just put it on a Menu sheet and show what you can/can't/will do.

2. larryinalabama

larryinalabama LawnSite Fanatic

Well at 150$ per visit its not a 15million dollar yard??? is this thred for real??

3. Dave does lawns

Dave does lawns LawnSite Senior Member

Really? What do you charge to mow and edge 2000ft2 of turf?

I quoted it per month stating what I will do for $X.

I hope I get it cause its a nice area that I want more work but I bid it high as a buffer as it is my biggest residential to date and this is only my second year doing snow.

Thank you guys for your input.

4. lawnkingforever

lawnkingforever LawnSite Bronze Member

Yep it is for real alright. Larry, I am bidding on a 50 million dollar house, if I get it could you tell me how to bill it out.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. clydebusa

clydebusa LawnSite Bronze Member

Much smaller price, but I am mowing a house on the market for 2.1 mill on 14 acres. Average about 20 man hours a week there. It has been on the market for 2 years now. Even though I have a yearly contract it is broken down and paid per month. So if the house does sell they usually take a month to close.

6. muddywater

muddywater LawnSite Bronze Member

I would not service the lawn. I only want to build long term relationships with clients, not do someone a favor and then get screwed on the last payment.

7. larryinalabama

20 bucks per week should be pleanty, I seen a feller advertise 15$ per cut, you dont wnat to be a lowballer.

8. larryinalabama

I dont mean any disrespect, but generally a 15million dollar home has more than 2000' of landscape, even in los angeles.

9. GreenI.A.

GreenI.A. LawnSite Silver Member

Be careful with your assumptions. You know what happens when you assume right. Every market is different. I just did a search of current real estate in Boston for homes for sale over $10mill. Out of the 7 homes for sale, 5 are brownstones having at the most, two 15'x15' lawns/gardens in the front. The area in the back with ally access is far more valuable as parking spaces than it would be as a yard. Of the two properties left, one has zero turf but probably about 500-750 total of small meticulously maintained beds. The only property for sale in Boston over $10mill right now with a lawn that would actually require a lawnmower rather than a string trimmer to mow, has about 1,200sq ft at most of grass and is for sale for $18mil.

If you go to the suburbs just outside of the city, there are a number of homes in the same price range, but with 10+ acres of miraculously maintained landscapes, most of which have on site crews or even resident staff to maintain the landscape.

There are huge differences from one area of the country to the next!

10. Dave does lawns

Dave does lawns LawnSite Senior Member

Wouldn't you know the lot is over an acre and only 2000" of lawn. No room for the ztr either so it is push mowing = $150 due to difficulty. It is 5 separate tiny little patches of lawn and the rest of the property is beds = lots of walking:cry:

Everything else is extra at it owns rate.