Opportunity to Learn Newest and Latest

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Lanelle, Jun 7, 2000.

1. Lanelle

Lanelle LawnSite Bronze Member

Join me at the Green Industry Professional Field Day and Trade Show in Washington, DC at American University on July 27. There will be demonstrations and seminars all day. Choose a subject track for the day or mix and match topics. Session tracks: Turf Maintenance, emphasis on sports turf; Tree Care, new pruning standards will be demo'd; Landscaping, perennials and hardscape uses; Landscape Design, new ideas for public spaces. There will be several different seminars for each track so there should be lots of good info. Some equipment dealers will bring their 'toys' and the lunch should be great. This is an outdoor event with plenty of free parking sponsored by PGMS,DC chapter and No. VA Nursery and Landscape Assoc. Yes, there is a modest registration fee. <br>For the brochure and registration form call (703) 250-1368 or e-mail your snail mail address to me at Snilanelle@aol.com and we'll mail it out to you. <p>----------<br>Lanelle<br>

2. Lanelle

Already have one response. Hope more of you will consider attending. Thanks

3. How many pesticide credits are available in<br>lawn and tree and shrub cats?<p>The PA AG dept will usually honor any seminars in states close by against your<br>license as recertification.<p>After the show is over the Chrysler might just have to go Ocean City for a few days.<p><p><p><font size="1">Edited by: lawrence stone

4. Lanelle

I will have to check about the credits available. I know that ISA credits and VNLA Certified Nurseryman credits are available. We have a seminar in Jan. that is heavily attended for pest. recertification. Thanks for asking.<p>----------<br>Lanelle<br>

5. dhicks

dhicks Member

Count me in!!!<p>----------<br>--Disneyland on the Potomac - ICQ [icq]31223414[/icq]<br>www.go-emerald.com

6. Lanelle

L. Stone--<br>The organizer, who also does our re-cert. seminar suggested that you could submit the seminar brochure to the Penn Ag people to determine the credit availability. So if you want two brochures, just say so in your e-mail. We'll be sending them out about 6/20. Thanks to everyone who has already responded.<p>----------<br>Lanelle<br>

7. lawnnut

lawnnut LawnSite Member

See you all there

8. Lanelle

This is such an easy way to learn new info and meet knowledgeable people. Just e-mail your snail mail address to me and you'll receive the detailed info by 6/26. <br>Thanks<p>----------<br>Lanelle<br>

9. Toddppm

Toddppm LawnSite Senior Member
    from VA

I'll be there, went last year very good info and good sessions on weed id, shrub pruning, disease id etc. Cool eqpmt. demos too. First time i got to ride a Lazer z and turf tiger!