opti-2 2 stroke oil

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by exmarkking, May 15, 2013.

1. exmarkking

exmarkking LawnSite Bronze Member

Anyone use it?
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. rreyn1812

rreyn1812 LawnSite Senior Member

I have used it in the past for about a year. No problems, but I don't like the little plastic pouches that it came in, so I finally settled on Stihl HP Ultra synthetic.

3. exmarkking

I bought a gallon jug of it
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. agrostis

agrostis LawnSite Silver Member

Those plastic pouch's are the worst thing's to come along in a while. I don't care how inexpensive those thing's are, i'm not going to use them.

5. sjessen

sjessen LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Knoxville, Tn

Have used Opti-2 for years with no problems. Do run the mix just a bit leaner that recommended though. Use the plastic pouches which can be a bit messy but otherwise ok.

6. Exact Rototilling

Exact Rototilling LawnSite Fanatic

I buy it by the gallon and use the pump. I give it an extra pump or 2 when mixing 2.5 gallons with ethanol free gas.

I use it in TCW 3 snow blowers as well as air-cooled handhelds....since it is rated for both.

7. JCResources

JCResources LawnSite Member

Just tried it, definitely less smoky than stihl oil. we are going to switch to opti

8. exmarkking

Why do you say to run it a little leaner than they recommend?
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. sjessen

sjessen LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Knoxville, Tn

Have had some problems with fouling the exhaust ports on trimmers. Dealer said this product is very forgiving. Am putting about 2.7 gallons of gas to one pouch now and have had no further problems.

10. djagusch

djagusch LawnSite Platinum Member
    from MN

The pouches I think are nice. It helps fix stupid mistakes also. If you give them a 2.5gal can and a 2.5gal pouch they should be able to mix it right.
    Posted via Mobile Device