Opti 2-cycle Oil

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ToroLandscaper, Nov 15, 2005.

1. ToroLandscaper

ToroLandscaper LawnSite Bronze Member

What do you guys think about OPTI 2 Cycle oil bc i was lookin and im thinkin about ordering 28 pouches of it.....i would be usin it in a stihl br600 and a shindawia 22-t weed eater.......will this void warrenty with either company.......is this good oil or should i STAY AWAY....i want my machines to have MAX performance

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

Good should not kill the warranty.
  3. grassyfras

grassyfras LawnSite Bronze Member

just buy the cheapest you can find.
  4. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

The Opti-2 is great stuff.
    I've been using it with great sucess for years.
    Once in a while I will try something different.
    But I always end up going back to the Opti-2.

JKOOPERS LawnSite Bronze Member

i bought a gallon jug for $40 and lasted me all season . the stuff is great , none of my cycle equipment smokes at all .
  6. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

I tried Opti-2 in my LawnBoy Dura-Force this season, and believe it to be the best. Perhaps Amsoil is just as good. I used Amsoil in all my hand-held Stihl machines for the past couple of seasons - better than Stihl oil (no exhuast buildup, starts easier and runs better).

The only place I've found Opti-2 2 cycle oil is at Jagor Equipment. I ordered it online. No dealers in this area stock the item. I chose to mix 75:1, not 100:1. When I started using Amsoil 100:1, I thought engines seem to run a bit "loose." They didn't sound solid. I know, hard to explain, but running 75:1, the engines sound better.

Do a bit of math on the costs. The pouches are very costly, compared to the 1 gallon bottle (or even the quart bottle). By using the large bottles, one can measure out the mix desired, eg. 75:1. The pouches are intended for specific quantities of gasoline. Yes, one can vary the amount of gasoline used with the amount of oil in a pouch, but varying the amount of oil in a particular gas container is easiest.

Now that my supply of Amsoil is nearly depleted, next season I intend to run Opti-2 in both the LB and all Stihl engines, at 75:1.

If anybody has another source of Opti-2 online, please post. Thanks.
  7. imograss

imograss LawnSite Senior Member

I also have used Opti2 for several years now. Buy it by the gallon and get the pump. This should last most people a season or so. I also get mine from Jagor Equipment, they have pretty fast shipping and the price is alot cheaper than I can find locally.
  8. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

mobil 1 racing 2 stroke is better but very hard to find . plus you run it at 50/1 not 100/1 like opti 2 . opt1 is just too expencive .
  9. lwcmattlifter

lwcmattlifter LawnSite Senior Member
    from NC

Autozone carries Mobil 1 2T, 6.99 a quart.
  10. nriddle77

nriddle77 LawnSite Senior Member

I bought my Opti on e-bay for slightly less the Jagor sells it for