1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

opti-2 oil

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tierralawn, Dec 9, 2002.

1. tierralawn

tierralawn LawnSite Member

feed back on opti -2 oil, thanks::blob4: :blob1:
  2. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Do a search, we have several threads in some pretty good detail about Opti.

I've been using it for a few years now and really like it. The Opti2 seems to make the 2cycle equipment run soother and without all the fumes.

The Opti4 I've been running for a couple of years also. It save me a motor 1 time. You pay a little more for it, but I believe its worth it.
  3. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Oh, welcome to LS also.
  4. Ray&Christine

Ray&Christine LawnSite Member

I was using Opti-2 for several years and found it worked great in Lawn-boys, trimmers, blowers, snow blowers ect. They seemed to run cooler and there was alot less fumes. I was using it in my newer Echo blower and found it was fouling the spark plug, it was leaving small deposits on the plug and the plug would not fire. I switched to Echo oil in my blower and never had a problem since. Opti-2 seems worked great for me in older" pre-emmision" equipment but not so well in newer equipment. It too bad because I would buy a 1 gallon jug of Opti-2 for about $40 and it would last more than 1\2 a season.

5. lazer 46

lazer 46 LawnSite Senior Member

I've been using opti 2 for 5 years in various 2 cycle equipment. Stihl, Green Machine, Red Max, Homelite, Echo,. Some call for different mix ratios. I use Opti 2 in all. Never a problem. I even put the equipment away for the winter with whatever gas is left and it starts fine in the spring. Good stuff!
  6. lrose2

lrose2 LawnSite Member

I'm with lazer46 on this one. The reason you can just put the equipment away is because opti2 contains a fuel stabilizer. I use in all my 2 cycle stuff.
  7. MacLawnCo

MacLawnCo LawnSite Bronze Member

Opti 2 can be found in all my 2 cycle stuff. I go crazy if my dealer doesnt have it in stock.
  8. Mowing Freak

Mowing Freak LawnSite Senior Member
    from S.E. Ks

If you can, find a Conklin dealer and try their 2 cycle mix. They are a synthetic oil like opti2. Opti2 is a good oil but Conklin is supposed to be better. I run it and their grease in all my equipment and have had no fuel related problems and blade and u-joint bearings haven't went out for 2 seasons and all my equipment is used. If you can't find Conklin or too pricey for you, your opti2 is good enough. Conklin also has a fuel stabilizer in their mix.
  9. SLS

SLS LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mars

Opti-2??? I will not use anything else! :)

If it will keep cheapo Homelite string trimmers alive and well for over three years of daily abuse...you know it has to be special!

I anticipate that my Redmax stuff will never die using Opti-2. :D
  10. I hate to rain on you guys party but amsoil all the way:D