Options other than Install/Repair

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by LawnMastersTx, Jan 9, 2008.

1. LawnMastersTx

LawnMastersTx LawnSite Member

I own a small landscaping company down in Texas and recently went through the irrigation courses and passed the state license test. I have little experience with sprinkler repairs other than reprogramming boxes and replacing heads or fixing broken pipes.

In the 2008 season I will be offering some new services to my customers. I plan on doing minor sprinkler repairs. If it's more than replacing a valve, like working on a backflow prevention, adding sections, etc., then i will refer them to another sprinkler company.

The other new services consist of system check-ups, finding the absorption rate of the yard, finding the exact percipitation rate of the system, and adding pressure regulators. The reason behind this is that I do NOT want to do full time repair work on all types of systems. My landscaping provides enough where I do not need to be full time in another area. Plus the area that I am in, Aledo Texas, another city (Willow Park) has bought the water company that supplies 4 other towns. Some of my customers are getting $1,200.00 water bills in the heat of the season. I am looking for ways of lowering that and to help out others in the area with the new increase of water cost. The 4 other cities have been in litigation with Willow Park for almost 2 years now.

My question is, do you feel that someone would be able to do 2 to maybe 3 days worth of work during the growing season with only providing those services? Second, is anyone interested in being the other sprinkler company that i refer the customers to that have problems which require more experience to fix? Lastly, does any other sprinkler companies offer a finder's fee for someone that refers customers that want installation of new sprinkler systems.

2. jimmyburg

jimmyburg LawnSite Senior Member

Give me a PM

3. LawnMastersTx

LawnMastersTx LawnSite Member

Not able to PM on here yet, still waiting the ability to do so.

edit - you can't post an email address at the site. You can list your phone number as a contact and once you have been a member for 10 days and have made 10 posts you will be able to private message. Thanks, Mike

4. hoskm01

hoskm01 LawnSite Fanatic

Sold!!!!!!!!