options

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by Jasonhoustontx, Sep 3, 2002.

1. Jasonhoustontx

Jasonhoustontx LawnSite Member

i dont know much about the lazer z, but I am thinking of purchasing one. Can a small utility trailor be pulled by the mower? I know the mower is used for mowing but i was curious if i could tow a small trailor around to pick up limbs on the property. I have 30 mature 50 year old pecan trees split from a big pecan orchard (drops a lot of limbs).

One more thing, when i get my lazer, what blades should i use for major fall leafs and spring/summer bermuda/st. augustine grass? i would like to mulch, but not too sure about the kit, it seems like a lot of work to get it on and off.

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Jason,

We do offer a hitch kit that retails for around $50. We rate the towing capacity at 80-lbs. draw weight. What that means is if you pull on your trailer and it feels like your pulling less than 80lbs. your in good shape. A small utility trailer should not be a problem.

As far as the mulching kit, I'd put it on and leave it on. In your area unless your getting a larger than normal amount of rain your not going to need to worry about pulling the mulch kit off. Run the mulching blades only, use it on the grass, leaves and use it for all 4 seasons and you should be okay.

Chances are your not going to get all the pecans picked up either so be sure to wear hearing protection. Pecans and other small solid objects tend to make a great deal of racket under the deck.

Thanks

Terry