******** or just me

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by monkey9197, Mar 22, 2004.

1. monkey9197

monkey9197 LawnSite Member
    from NY

its below 30 degrees outside and with the windchill probably in the teens and the nieghbors are getting a sprong cleaning done anyone think they are nuts or have u seen this done b4?
  2. CamLand

CamLand LawnSite Bronze Member

so whats the problem? my company does fall clean-ups and it's never a heat wave,so to answer your question...it's you
  3. stslawncare

stslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member
    from DE

its cold here too, and im doing a spring clean up or two today. when it comes to spring cleanups as long as there isnt snow on the ground or a huge mud pit why not? money can be made why not get it.
  4. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

Its about 30 here today with no Snow I have estimates to give today and i'm sure I will see guys out working just not me.
  5. DJL

DJL LawnSite Member

they are making money, are you?
  6. CNYScapes

CNYScapes LawnSite Senior Member

Monkey, I hear ya. In our part of NY (syracuse) we average a few inches of snow in april, so I dont jump the gun on cleanups. I dont ever start until at least april 10-15. All it takes is the salt/sand trucks to go by once and dump all that road crap in the yard and you'll be doin it over.
  7. jt5019

jt5019 LawnSite Bronze Member

28 and windy here im not gonna rush to get a spring clean up in
  8. Albemarle Lawn

Albemarle Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

And little ones gotta eat too,

you do what you gotta do.

Think of the guys who de-ice airplanes at Ohare or Buffalo at 2:00 AM in mid January...

Or the night crews that clean slaughterhouses...

Or our troops in Iraq wondering if the next car approaching is loaded with bombs and a suicide freak...

There are a lot worse working coditions.

9. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

we did 3 today, froze our butts off, but the work got done
  10. lawnguyland

lawnguyland LawnSite Bronze Member

yeah man, I hear ya, I'm waiting until tomorrow because the soil and turf are frozen in most places which means no dethatching or cultivating beds anyway. Plus any leaves are frozen in place and that bites. I saw a few companies out today, but I'm chillin.