1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Orange bermuda grass??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by stevo22, May 18, 2006.

1. stevo22

stevo22 LawnSite Senior Member

maybe some of you in the southern areas can help me out...mowing today i noticed that one of my yards appeared to look as if there was a orange tint to it...took sunglasses off and got off the mower and it looked like there was an almost neon orange at alot of the blade tips...never seen anything like it before...wish i had a camera to show a pic...this yard is usually one of my better looking yards...could have been the cool snap that we went thru since i cut it last week...temps got down to around low 50's...
  2. DFW Area Landscaper

DFW Area Landscaper LawnSite Silver Member
    from DFW, TX

Probably someone applied a tank mix chemical treatment to the lawn too late in the year that included Urea.

DFW Area Landscaper
  3. quiet

quiet LawnSite Senior Member

Take a close look at the leaf blades. It could be a fungus.
  4. Redline

Redline LawnSite Member

Its probably Red Thread a fungus. I checked with the local Lesco Mgr and he agreed it was Red Thread. He suggested Compass.
  5. stevo22

stevo22 LawnSite Senior Member

thx...i am really goods friends with the fert guy...don't think it was urea b/c i notived it in my neighbors lawn this evening and he does not have his treated...
  6. Triple R

Triple R LawnSite Member

Might be rust.
  7. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

In our area the rust got into the rye grass during the last couple months and all the mowers are full of orange. I didn't know it affected bermuda?? It has slowed the growth almost to a halt on some properties.