1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

orange county choppers building a bike for dixie chopper

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by General Grounds, Apr 27, 2004.

1. General Grounds

General Grounds LawnSite Senior Member

:blob3: for those of you who love to watch american chopper the boyz from OCC will be building a bike for dixie chopper, looks like 2 shows next monday and the one after, should be interesting. tony
  2. Cutters Lawn Care

Cutters Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

you can already see the bike on their website
  3. Mowerboys

Mowerboys LawnSite Member

the bike in in the new Pro Magazine, it is the top left hand corner of a page
  4. gogetter

gogetter Banned

Yeah, I wasn't all that crazy about it. I mean, it's a great looking bike, but it doesn't seem like they implemented enough "Dixie Chopper" stuff.

For one, the seat should have been white! That should have been kind of a given.
    They should have made the tank stainless steel. And maybe more square and boxy like DC's are.

The spokes should have been black like a real blade, and then maybe the rim could stay chrome. The black against chrome would have looked real good.

It's a nice looking bike, it just could have more "Dixie Chopperish".
  5. GeeVee

GeeVee LawnSite Senior Member

Well, I'm glad you guys like that sort of thing-

POS comes to mind.

Rides like poo-poo, zero cornering ability, handles like a pallet dolly.

I've got plenty of dough for a show bike, but aint dropping that kind of dough on that kind of crap.
  6. chevyman1

chevyman1 LawnSite Senior Member

kind of crap? an 100k bike is a piece of crap? how on earth do you figure? I'm just really curious about that.
  7. gogetter

gogetter Banned

And your point is.....what?
  8. GeeVee

Well, lets see.

Where exactly would you ride it? Parades? Overheats- they are air cooled.

Bar Hopping? Oh yeah, watch the drunken masses stumble around. Good luck parking it somewhere safe.

Three hour ride across state? Yeah, I want to stretch my arms as far as I can reach with my feet perched as high as my hip bone, and legs extended as far as they can as well. Stick a vibrating dildo in your ass and reach for your toes for an hour- same feeling, I'm guessing.

Five hundred miles to a weekend rally? Where you putting your gear? On some over the fender saddle bags?

Hitting the twisty roads? Drag a case and you'll know the what the meaning of "Highsiding" is. In the event you don't get that far, you'll at least know how abrasive asphalt is to aluminum.

Searching for the top speed? Exponentially more difficult to handle, and certainly NOT manueverable for the pothole or road gator or four legged obstacle- live or dead.

What could I do with a hundred K?

Buy one or two small houses and have income-

Buy six to ten REAL bikes of different styles from as many different manufacturers.

Buy retirement property.

Put one or more kids through college.

Put yourself through college and get a real job.

Purchase a Shovelhead, strip it and rebuild it, customized my own self and still have 90 k to do one of the other choices.

LOTS of practical things.

Hey, they try hard- but they aren't Michaelangelo. Overpriced- Oh, HELL yes.

Worth anything? Hell no. Strictly what the market will bear. No lending institution will finance it. Maybe YOU, but not the bike.

If I customize one of my bikes, "I" will do it.

You got more money than sense, you deserve to ride one of those pieces of ****.
  9. gogetter

gogetter Banned

Let's be honest, it's probably more then a guess...huh?
  10. GeeVee

I reckon the only honest part of the conversation is that you don't ride.....

I do. Often. At least every day. I quit keeping a log after a hundred thousand miles.

Wasteful, unproductive, no practical use.

Except "Look at me". Oh, I look. And I say to myself. What a moron.

You could feed a whole town for a year with a hundred K.