orchard irrigation update

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by 1idejim, Jan 7, 2012.

1. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

a while back i posted some pics of some irrigation for new orchards at my sister and brother in laws ranch. i promised some pics of the project.

the install is being done by a dealer that has a corner on the ag market here.

100_7586.jpg

100_7588.jpg

100_7592.jpg

100_7596.jpg

100_7597.jpg

2. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

How much burial depth on those pipes?

3. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

4. Sprinkus

Sprinkus LawnSite Silver Member

Looks like my kind of job!
    Just make sure that nobody, like some of the duumass contractors around here, assembles the gasketed pipe using glue or wheel bearing grease! :hammerhead:

5. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

it is our kind of job, too bad we're not doing the install. i will say no more about the installers practices. pic #4 says a bunch

i like Duck Butter

6. agrostis

agrostis LawnSite Silver Member

That look's interesting. What crop are they going to grow there ? I have never seen irrigation done like that. What is the water source ? What kind of pressure do you have ?

7. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

I would assume it's river-pumped, since it's got the no b.s. filter manifold.

8. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

they punched a new well, i am trying to get the specifics on the supply (i was told the old well put out 1300 gpm) and the pump (the diesel pump was a 250hp cat powered) and these are walnut orchards. we are seeing the end of the life cycle on all of our orchards in nor cal and it seems that all vacant land is being bought up for trees.

9. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

we need more walnuts :p

10. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

there is no shortage of nuts on this forum, ya think?