1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

orchard ladder

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by dmk395, Jul 22, 2003.

1. dmk395

dmk395 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ma

Standers have worked quite well........lol......watch them both break tomorrow!

2. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

The Orchard Ladder Is Used only For Hard to Do Heges.

3. IT"s so funny to see here that something that is very common here(can pick one up less than 15 min drive) is not common back east. Then again, I guess California has a few more orchards than say Mississippi.
    John

4. alpine692003

alpine692003 LawnSite Bronze Member

So what ladder would you guys recommend using?

I've been using the orchard ladder for awhile now, lol ... It does slide and move around on hard surface that's why I always get somebody to hold the ladder for me.. Thank god I have'nt done any hedges that are very high, only like 8-10ft high I use the orchard ladders..

i'm beginning to think I should go out and get 2 ladders that are featherlites and run a plank inbetween the ladders..

But what would stop you from taking a step back and falling???!?!

5. Apples

Apples LawnSite Senior Member

Try Orchard Supply in Conway Mass. (OESCO.com).

6. alpine692003

alpine692003 LawnSite Bronze Member

Welp, I went out and bought another 16' orchard ladder along with my 10' orchard that I already have..

I think I'll be using these ladders and running a thick piece of wood as my walkway so I can just walk across with ease..

What do you guys think about using 2 orchard ladders and running a piece of wood on the steps?