Orchardgrass and Fescue

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by kappa915, Apr 7, 2006.

1. kappa915

kappa915 LawnSite Member

Okay Guys,

I have a serious problem in my yard. I am a licensed chemical applicator and having been spraying for just under a year. Customer Yards are starting to look great, 70% Bermuda....30% Fescue. This website has helped a lot, but my personal grass has taken a turn for the worse.

I moved into my house 1 year ago and inheirted a yard that was very thin Tall Fescue with bare spots everywhere. After an overseed last spring and fall, i finally got to put down a pre-emerge this March 10th. The grass is thick and the darkest in the neighborhood. So I'm proud right? All the sudden a ton of orchard grass starts coming through and I can't find a solution.

This is alot of orchard grass. I bought the Transition Blend of seed from lesco and evidently it had some orchard grass seed in it.

What in the world can I do. It is way to much to pull and the roots are embedded in thick tall fescue now. I tested out being will careful with some Round-up on a few spots and of course I killed some surrounding fescue just like I thought I would.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks A Lot!

2. stumper1620

stumper1620 LawnSite Bronze Member

Fusilade II over the top, provided its compatible with the other turf.

3. kappa915

kappa915 LawnSite Member

Got some Fusilade II at the shop, I've never used it but i'll check the label. I know it takes bermuda out of Fescue.

Thanks for the quick response.

4. stumper1620

Here's the label, I'll save ya the hassle of waiting

Attached Files:

5. kappa915

kappa915 LawnSite Member

Thanks

I appreciate it

6. stumper1620

No problem, Glad to help. had it the label stored in my doc. files, easy to upload.