1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Ordered a Duramax

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bob, Jul 8, 2001.

1. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

Last week I ordered a 2002, 2500HD LT, Crew Cab, w/Duramax, Allison and all the toys. The dealer told me it could take anywhere from 2 to 6 months. Has anyone else been told this?
  2. Cleve

Cleve LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Rockmart, GA

That is exactly what I wish I could afford. Currently driving a Ford F250 4X4 with the PSD. Love it but would change in a minute for one of those.
    Did you get much off the sticker price?
  3. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

bob, i ordered a 2500 HD extended cab with the duramax and allison transmission in late may. i just heard the other day that my truck is being built the week of aug. 20th and im getting the first one from my dealership. you ordered a little later, but i think 3 and half to four months sounds about right. you never know though. i know someone who ordered an f-350 and got it in 4 weeks. fords must not be selling lol. i wont start a war though.
  4. dhicks

dhicks Member

I have the 2001 HD 2500 gas plant and I love it. I don't need the diesel engine but I want one. I'm so happy for you!!!!
  5. Cutter1

Cutter1 LawnSite Bronze Member

A buddy of mine ordered a duramax, they said it would take 8 weeks. He told them he wanted 10% off sticker, they didn't hesitate. They agreed, he signed and its on its way. Its been a month, so 4 more weeks, atleast thats what they said. :)
  6. Jim White

Jim White LawnSite Member

If you looking for a 2500hd Duramax, Crew Cab with all the trimmings, I know were there three of them, (1) red, (1) black, and (1) Indigo Blue, Two of them have a deposit on them by me, but I'm holding out till Weds. to find out if a another deal falls through on the Pewter colored one. Thats the one I really want. I'm only planning on buying one so if seriously looking I could hook you up with the guys I've got pending deals with. And yes even though they are very rare right now, I've got deals worked out for 1K over invoice. Which isn't all that bad considering you could find a Ford anywhere in any style or color for 500 over invoice.
  7. K9LWT

K9LWT LawnSite Member

Somehow my uncle got one in like two or three days-but it's from Canada... It's the gray color, 4 door, leather, all the fixins'.

He went in to a dealership in Vermont on 12-22-00 and had the thing Xmas eve. I took it for a ride, and the thing is awesome. I can't believe how quiet that Duramax is (thanks Isuzu), and the tranny is pretty smooth.

As an f250 owner, I was impressed with the bowtie.
  8. John DiMartino

John DiMartino LawnSite Silver Member

I have a friend that bought one in early december,he is a cable contractor,it now has almost 20K miles on it,he loves it so far,no problems at all either,beleieve me those are tough miles it has too,so if it was going to break,i think it would've by now.
  9. Columbia Turf

Columbia Turf LawnSite Member

I have about 4500 miles on mine! Great truck!!! I pull raised deck trailer with tractor and brush hog. The old 454 was a little weak after 165,000 miles but the DURAMAX pulls like nothing is behind me.

I ordered mine in Feb. and the dealer said it would be the end of August. Told them i didnt mind,,,it came about 10 - 12 weeks later.................the wrong color. In the mean time one of my crews rolled a truck and destroyed it. Had to do a search to find another, settled for a little lesser interior but it is the motor I was after anyway, after all, it is just a work truck.

Best part is about 13 mpg pulling loaded trailer.(compared to about 6 with 454.) I think this will get better also. I have not even had a chance to check it w/o trailer but have spoken to people that claim 18-20 on open road.

Other great thing is it is so quiet. I was at a stop light the other day and a Ford power stroke pulled up beside me. I was in my truck with windows up, A/C on and all I could here was Ford Power Stroke. Had to turn up the radio to cover it up. :D :D
  10. dhicks

dhicks Member

Crisswell Chevrolet (Gaithersburg, MD) has plenty of Duramax trucks in-stock as of last week. Of course if you need a new Lamborghini (sp) or Lotus those are in stock, too!