Ordered a new TTHP & got the old Kaw

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by Fareway Lawncare, Apr 2, 2004.

1. Fareway Lawncare

Fareway Lawncare LawnSite Silver Member
    from Canada

Hello eXmark,

I just purchased a new 36" TTHP & it came with the old Kaw & not the K-series w/the better air filter. The eXmark rep was there when I picked it up & was very apologetic & offered an eXtra year on the engine warranty. He also told me that it was an 04 unit.

Is this true that you are shipping o4's w/out the k series Kaws... I was a bit disapointed that I ended up w/the old Kaw after thinking I was ordering the 04 TTHP w/the new Kaw.

Unfortunately the 15Kaw had been removed by my dealer, placed on my Viking 32" & a K-series 17 Kaw had been fitted to the 36" TTHP, so returning the mower would have entailed swapping back the engines. If you can still follow this I wanted the K-series that should have been on my 04 TTHP on the Viking & not the old model Kaw that came w/the TTHP.

I'm just wondering if this mower is in fact an 04 as it had the old Kaw..serial #414528.

& no worries the rep & my dealer did everything to try to make it right & I'm satisfied w/ the eXtra year on warranty & a few filters thrown in to compensate.

Heres the Kaw that came w/ my 04 TTHP...its now on my Viking 32".

kaw.jpg

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Fareway,

Yes, the early 04 production did use the 03 style engines. There were some issues with the production of this engine that took some time to work through. Once Kawi over came these issues and the KAI was available we began using it.

As far as the engine warranty is concerned we have no control over the Kawasaki warranty and do not have the authority to extend the warranty. I'm sending you a pm on a couple of things unique to your situation that should be of great interest to you.

Thanks,

Terry