Ordered another new bob-cat today!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bah1491, Apr 5, 2011.

1. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO LawnSite Fanatic

I seriously considered a new bobcat z-mower solely on the price it was thousands less then the exmark.

2. Lawnut101

Lawnut101 LawnSite Silver Member

Thanks for responding! My Bobcat is a 2006 or so. My local dealer doesn't have a 61" model to demo... Maybe I could talk him into it. He said he would let me take it out if I were serious. The machine is about $2,100 cheaper than a comparible Exmark. I know there is a huge difference in cut between my Bobcat and my Vantage.

3. pugs

pugs LawnSite Gold Member

Not sure about increasing alot since the belts and pulley sizes have not changed. Any ZT200/Procat with a 61" deck uses the same belt sizes. For speeds to change those things would need to change as well.

I have an old article somewhere that lists the blade speeds of the Bobcats and does some math on how much nonsesne blade speed really is. Its a PDF. I will try to remember to post it if I can find it.

4. Sammy

Sammy LawnSite Bronze Member

I would buy a Bobcat over a eXmark any day of the week.

5. Dave

Dave LawnSite Senior Member
    from RI

Th g series mowers only have one belt

6. pugs

pugs LawnSite Gold Member

Yes I know. I was talking about the ZT200/Procats that were all the same for 10-15 years. And not much could have changed from the F to the G's because they were already over 18000.

7. Dave

Dave LawnSite Senior Member
    from RI

I do believe the zt200 with the 60 deck 23 hp kawi had a blade tip speed of16500 , this mower was sold to the cust , in 03, it does not shoot the grass no where compared to the new ones

8. Keith Gordon

Keith Gordon LawnSite Member

I just bought a Bob-Cat today. ProCat 29 HP FX KAW 52" With a collection system tripple bagger the thing is sick. You can pack & forget to turn on the blower and clog the discharge tube then turn it on and it will suck all the wet clogged grass. It's insane if you get a chance demo this model it has the new collection system. The cost with tax out the door with the collection system was 9,926.94 We have 6.25% tax here in Ma. it was $583.94 just in tax.

9. Mac B.

Mac B. LawnSite Member

Can you take some pics, I would love to see the collection system.

Mac

10. Keith Gordon

Keith Gordon LawnSite Member

I'm not sure how to post pictures on this site i have to figure it out.