Ordered her yesterday!!! JD 950

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ramcat, Mar 2, 2010.

1. ramcat

ramcat LawnSite Member

Can't wait....got the 950 without the comfort and convenience, 60 inch 7-iron deck, mulch kit (not MOD) and the three bag bagger........i figure it will mow those big lawns a little faster than my X748 diesel tractor with the 7-iron.....hopefully haha....how many others have ordered a new jd???

2. mowerbrad

mowerbrad LawnSite Fanatic

I'm ordering my 925 next week, but I'm getting the MOD deck. You will be very happy with the deere for sure.

3. JRP LLC

JRP LLC LawnSite Member

We are going to be ordering our 950 soon, be sure to post some pictures when she get delivered.

4. ramcat

ramcat LawnSite Member

yeah i'll try to post pics too....of the 7-iron fleet :weightlifter: you can't beat those decks and i think they got a great zero turn carrying the deck with the new 900's.....cant wait....dealer says delivery will be end of march, then the hardest part will be looking at it sit in the garage for a month :hammerhead: im really excited about the bagger too.....the bagger on our tractor is the vertical blower....the 950 will have the horizontal

5. JRP LLC

JRP LLC LawnSite Member

If you dont mind me asking what was the price out the door for the mower not the bagger?

6. S L C

S L C LawnSite Senior Member

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=306501

with my homemade striping kit (simplest thing to do ever!).. and transferred over my power chute design chute blocker and suspension seat kit!!! AWESOME machine... and it hasn't even seen grass yet! It sure as he!! isn't an 800 series!

7. ramcat

ramcat LawnSite Member

she looks good slc....the one thing i wish is that they would give you a little more trim ability on the left side of the deck.....but im sure i'll get over it haha...um we didn't price only the tractor so i really couldn't tell you but i think it was probably around $10,000....i know someone on here got there z925 out the door for 9500.....

8. S L C

S L C LawnSite Senior Member

they did give us a little more 'trimablilty' by keeping the LF caster straight out instead of the usual outward from the frame.. see my pics, you will love this machine!

9. Lawnut101

Lawnut101 LawnSite Silver Member

I am interested to see how these redesigned Deeres work out. Seems like I have heard great things about them.

10. Thunderhead

Thunderhead LawnSite Senior Member

Congratulations on your purchase!

Travis