Ordered my Quick!

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by tip184, May 14, 2008.

1. tip184

tip184 LawnSite Member

I couldn't wait any longer - my MTD lawn tractor broke another belt and that pushed me over the edge. Hopefully my Quick 44 Ninja will be shipped soon so that my lawn can get a proper cutting. Homeowner, 1.5 acres with lots of trees, interested in a commercial-grade mower that will last a loooong time with 2 hours of use each week. I'm confident that I made the right decision. Thanks to all on this site who have posted about their experiences with Quick mowers and Better Outdoor Products.
  2. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

Congrats and Lots of luck with the new machine! Take some pics!
  3. LarryF

LarryF LawnSite Bronze Member

Good luck with it. It should be a lot more maneuverable than the lawn tractor. Will you let us know if it still takes two hours with the Quick 44? I would expect the new one will be a lot faster.
  4. tip184

tip184 LawnSite Member

Mowing time: My 48 inch Scag walk-behind (prior to MTD tractor) took about 2 hrs. Tractor was about the same, but I did not trim nearly as close to the trees - cut a lot of corners, basically. If I spend 2 hrs with the Quick it should be a much neater job than with the tractor. Maybe it'll take less time - we'll see.
  5. JTF40

JTF40 LawnSite Senior Member

Did you purchase the Step Saver to go with it? :usflag:
  6. tip184

tip184 LawnSite Member

i didn't order the Step-Saver. I want the exercise that I'll get from walking, and I'm concerned that my rough yard (lots of roots and not a very smooth lawn) would make it difficult to use. I can always add it later if I regret my decision.
  7. Howard Roark

Howard Roark LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

Keep us posted when it arrives and you get to use it!
  8. tip184

tip184 LawnSite Member

My Quick is at a freight terminal about 20 miles from home. I opted for home delivery - they deliver to my area in the morning and I can't be home tomorrow, so I will have to wait until Wed morning to get the mower. It'll be a long wait...