Ordered my Quickbooks Update 2005 today

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by tiedeman, Dec 3, 2004.

1. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I talked with one of the reps on the phone about 2 weeks ago when I ordered the Customer Manager 2.0, WHICH IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!

He told me that probably in April or May of 2005, everybody might have to update their programs again for Merchant Accounts. I said no thanks at the moment, until I got a coupon in the mail. They had a deal to upgrade to Quickbooks 2005 Basic for only $99.00 with the promotion coupon I had. I jumped on it, and it should be arriving to me next week. Can't wait to see what they have in it.

2. leadarrows

leadarrows LawnSite Senior Member
    from N/A

You like the customer manager? I'm not very impressed with it. Every thing it doses I can do in QB Pro Contractors. I'm kinda disappointed with the 2.0 I have the 1.0 and theres not that much of an improvement. Maybe It will grow on me as I learn too put it to use. What do you especially like about it?

3. tiedeman

from earth

I love how you can schedule customers appointments, write in notes or when you talk to them on the phone, and sync of both. Also when you write a letter or send email it records it in the history. The customer history that shows their payments, appointments, notes, invoices, is really sweet.

If there was one thing that I would change about it, that would be how to access the different screens. Sometimes its more of a search and find.

4. naturescaretaker

naturescaretaker LawnSite Senior Member

We're still running QB 2003 Premier. What more advantages can you really see with 2005? I just can't see that must difference. But for $99...... that's a deal.

5. tiedeman

from earth

I use right now 2003 Basic, so I am interested in what is new as well. But ya, with a deal like that, I had to jump on it

6. tiedeman

from earth

7. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

I'm still running qb 1999. I've been thinking about upgrading, though.

8. tonygreek

tonygreek LawnSite Gold Member

if you upgrade to anything above basic right now, you get the Customer Manager for free, after the obligatory rebates of course.

tony