Ordered my Z Spray!

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Aleman, May 13, 2005.

1. Aleman

Aleman LawnSite Member

I just ordered my Z spray today...Looks like its going to be June or so before It delivered. I'm curious if any of you guys have tried to spray fungicides with yours. The compass label says a minimum of 1 gal per thousand and the Z will spay that so I thought might give it a try....Anyone have any tips on the most efficient uses??

2. ant

ant LawnSite Silver Member

good luck with your unit ....
    not to get off subject but...
    is this your frist with this type of spreader/sprayer?
    ant

3. Aleman

Aleman LawnSite Member

Yes, I have a Lesco ride on spreader now, but wanted to be able to spray also.

4. Grandview

Grandview LawnSite Gold Member
    from WI

Who makes the Z-Spray and do they have a website?

5. Aleman

Aleman LawnSite Member

6. Puttinggreens

Puttinggreens LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from southeast PA

Aleman, I just recieved my Z-spray 2 weeks ago. Tom Rich can also provide you with other nozzels than the standard ones that ship with the unit. I ordered the 1 1/2 gal per M nozzels. What I found was after doing the math that at 3 MPH I was applying 1.38 gal per M. 3 MPH is pretty slow but works fine for me, I only use them for estate putting greens,,, not large areas. This is enough volume for most of the fungicides I typically use,, unless I am targeting a root disease. These are the largest nozzels I believe you can use, at least on my intermeadiate unit with 4 nozzels and the 5 gal per min. pump.

7. Aleman

Aleman LawnSite Member

Thanks for the info. How close was your delivery date to your due date???

8. Puttinggreens

Puttinggreens LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from southeast PA

The delivery date was about 4 or 5 days late. I don't consider that to be a problem. After all the scheduled date is an estimate. Although I was calling almost daily the week before trying to get a straight answer on delivery. This is the only gripe I have had it is very minor.

Otherwise the machine and subsequent phone support have been excellent.

You will be thrilled!

9. Mgardner

Mgardner LawnSite Member

Will you be spraying for broadleaf,or will you use it for putting down like a liquid app of chelated iron tank mixed ? Appears to be a unit you can fine tune MPG gallons per K .... Also do you use a nursing tank with one of those ?

10. ant

ant LawnSite Silver Member

ALEMAN:did you get it yet?